Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

ZOMFG! I have just been playing Guild Wars for 14 hours straight.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Sweet I know if you like it i'd probably enjoy it as well.

Any rping?
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
          ZOMFG! I have just been playing Guild Wars for 14 hours straight.
          True or joking? I know you are quite impulsive and quite capable of just going and getting the game and playing it for 14 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

True or joking? I know you are quite impulsive and quite capable of just going and getting the game and playing it for 14 hours.
            Totally true. I just went and got it and played it. Ok, I was right, in that it is slightly shallow - this is a RPG for the WC3 generation, but it is VERY slick, well presented, balanced... they out-Blizzard Blizzard ...and great fun. I'd reccommend it to anyone that had never played an RPG before. I won't complain about the concept of the game - clearly this is NOT a stats-fest, nor does it have a multitude of character creation options. Its a tactical-rpg-battle game, and it does it rather well.

A couple of gripes

- Some kind of policing of the "public band" in cities would be nice. Endless spamming of people shouting about their black dye requirements started to grate

- Control of your character's head would be nice too. I missed NWN's system where your character would turn its head to look at whatever you moused-over.

- All the numbers are "under the hood". I want to know what my chances are of doing X damage with Y weapon vs Z armour please.

-Jam

Comment

Is it like Diablo 2, or is it like a MMORPG?

if it's like Diablo 2, I'll buy it.

Comment

Its more like Diablo2 - the combat areas are unique to party, the towns are open server. Its not a level grind though.

Comment

I kind of prefer that. I find, that for multiplayer, I prefer a more "action" style environment. MMORPG's just don't do it for me. I've tried 2 of them, and didn't like either. I don't like Folderol (NWN persistant world) either. I can't explain it exactly. I'm not that antisocial (or unsocial), as I did like Diablo2. And I liked playind NWN individual modules in multiplayer (with full roleplaying even).

Comment

How does it compare to WoW? (Which is the only MMoRPG I have ever tried)

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I'd like to know peoples' characters' names - that way we could meet up online or even have an Apolyton Guild.

I've got Jamskianna Mu, a W/R

Stick me under "friends" and give me a shout if you see me online.

Comment

Killian Dao

Necro/Elem
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

14 hours straight isn't that much

talk to me when you do 36 hours straight..

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Alf the Axe, W/Mo.

Comment

Added and added. Gonna play after the folk are asleep

Comment

Played for a while tonight. Now almost level 17.

Comment

Working...
                                X