No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friends are lost in this stuff. BAN IT!
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Finished the Ascension quests last night. Our three-human, (E/N, R/Me, Mo/W) three-henchie team (Lina, Stefan, Little Thom) had to try Thirst River and Elona Reach a couple of times, but we've started to develop our builds based on the Ele going to melee and me throwing everything I have at him while he throws everything he has around him. I CAST FIREBALL CENTERED ON MYSELF! We even got the bonus in Thirsty River! Quite a few intense battles there where I'm thinking we've just lost when a carefully placed Word of Healing keeps the Ele alive just enough to pwn everybody.

Tonight I must kill the

Spoiler:
      doppelmonkey
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• He (she?) can be a pain with casters. With melee chars he is quite easy.

Comment

• Oddly enough, I took it out on my first try, and I didn't even weasel out by using Healing Breeze (which I am told the doppel does not cast at all). Just ten minutes of tenacious casting of Balthazar's Aura > Symbol of Wrath > Banish > Bane Signet in succession, and finally the damage managed to pile on enough.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• You used an excellent combination of abilities That's more or less what I used, at the recommendation of some friends.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Bane Signet in retrospect wasn't such a bright idea, it meant the doppel could keep knocking me down with Bane if timed properly. You can predict it by his movements, sure, and not attack, but I'm too n00b for that, and having played a healer mostly, battles to me are usually just a matter of staring at those ever-reducing red bars*, with a random glance at the battle to see where my healing is needed the most when energy is scarce. This in PvE, in PvP I try to be more observant

Later I had a stab at it with nothing but Breeze and Retribution in my skill bar, and the thing was dead in 45 seconds. *sigh* Mind you, if you don't want to pump up smiting (I'm playing as primarily a healer with a 10 in smiting for the aforementioned Ele tank strat), it's a good way to get through it.

* I swear, that one domain in Dragon's Lair with the health degen, it was close to driving me mad. A healer's nightmare! I want to see those bars at 100% before an engagement!
              Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 5, 2005, 20:13.

Comment

• On another note, now that I've ascended, is there any reason not to switch to America? Most Finns, I've heard, are stuck solid on the American side since English is like a second language to us. And more importantly, the entire time I've played GW (~80 hours over a month), when I've been on, Europe has had the favour TWICE. The last time was only a few days ago, but I hadn't ascended yet. Today was close with only two wins to go, but those damn Koreans...

Comment

• I haven't switched yet but I will when I have time - I've been in UW/Fissure less than 10 times in almost 3 months.

Comment

• I wonder what the prices are on America, in Europe everything has gone ridiculously expensive the past few days. I got a set of Major Runes for my Monk for about 200 a pop, now they are waaay over 1k if the rune trader even has any (never mind player trade).

Last night the first build (which was quickly updated) screwed up the whisper system. Nobody could whisper. I was in Droknar's at the time and I was sure the entire game would erupt into chaos when haggling via whisper ground to a halt.
                    Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 6, 2005, 05:23.

Comment

• I really don't get it. Last night I was amazed to see the prices, and gutted at all the minor runes (previously worthless) I sold for a pittance.

Superior monk runes were going for 30k+ last evening. Sup vigors for 70+ (highest for a few weeks) and absorbs for 90k+

I sold as much as I could as I think they just inadvertently screwed something up. If they nerfed drops it could cause this because of the trade model, but I don't think they would as they are moving in the opposite direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        I really don't get it. Last night I was amazed to see the prices, and gutted at all the minor runes (previously worthless) I sold for a pittance.
                        I had one Minor Divine Favor rune in an old scalp design, extracted it and sold it for 800. I also had a Major Marksmanship rune but I couldn't get rid of it except to the trader for 25 g, so I figure it is because drops have become accidentally scarce, since all runes are not ridiculously pricey.

I just wish I had somehow had the foresight to buy a crapload of those Major Runes a week ago. I could have profitted 20k by now. My friend managed to hawk dyes for a good while and now he's making a killing with silver and even red.

Oh well, it's like the stock market, you can never predict it 100% accurately. Actually, it's even more chaotic than the stock market, no rules to it.

Comment

• Prices are absurd in my opinion. Just check out rpgtraders.net - u can find out what prices are like on whatever server.

hint hint check out my shop hint hint

Also I personally think it's stupid how people would offer to 'run' somebody to a location for money. I'd never pay a runner and I often help others for free on one condition - we go on a killing rampage along the way
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• I got lucky and had a golden drop - Monk Rune of Sup Protection. Since I don't really use Prot (at least not yet), I managed to sell it for 24k (trader price is 26k and change IF the trader even has it).

Comment

• Nice. My best drop so far would be a silver dye which i promptly sold.
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Tonight I also had a silver dye drop in my lap. I went to Droknar's to a dye trader to get rid of it. The sell price was a bit over 4k. The buy price was 150 gold, even less than that of green dye (sells for 520/buys for ~200).

WTF? How are you ever going to have the dye trader have anything in stock if they are pulling a ridiculously high markup like that? If I could have unloaded that item on the trader for 2k, I would have done it on the spot. Instead I tried to sell it on the trade chan for a while for 2k and later 1.8k, but I guess the market is getting saturated or people are expecting for the prices to drop soon via dev intervention, since no one seems to be buying.

It must have something to do with that slew of bots they banned lately. Less bots -> less farming -> supply crash -> inflation.

Sup Vigor and Sup Absorption prices seem to have dropped by 10k from last night, but Monk rune prices are still rising. I figure it's because people are trying to get into the farming business with the high prices and need those runes for their farming builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X