Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So on to MY character ...

Magrat has made it past Hell's Precipice ... and was dropped in Droknar's Forge. Bah. Where to from here? It was during an "american" favor of gods, as far as i know ... yet I can't do anything else main-quest-wise (ie, HoH, Underworld, etc....) ?

Off to Google it, but it's annoying the game doesn't lead me on its own ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      Yes.

The warriors role is to be a royal pain in the ass to the monks, and deal a bit of damage too. They are never going to match the damage output of elementalists.
      Actually, warrior have better base DPS (up to 70 DPS) than Elementalist and it can continue dealing it indefinitely. The problem is that there are a lot of counters to a warriors.

Originally posted by snoopy369
      Don't forget, also, Jamski, that Warriors (with their stances) often are the only class that can actually survive a lot of the knockdown/etc. effects from the other team. Having a Warrior in such a stance while the opposing team is casting meteor shower or something, early on, means your warrior can shrug it off and run over to their (whatever's most dangerous at the moment) and knock *him/her* down ...
      You can run away from a Meteor Shower area, only 3rd meteor deals damage and knocks you down. So, as long as you see a distinct sound and a 1st meteor falling, you can leave the area.

Originally posted by snoopy369
      So on to MY character ...

Magrat has made it past Hell's Precipice ... and was dropped in Droknar's Forge. Bah. Where to from here? It was during an "american" favor of gods, as far as i know ... yet I can't do anything else main-quest-wise (ie, HoH, Underworld, etc....) ?

Off to Google it, but it's annoying the game doesn't lead me on its own ...
      What did you want to see? "Game over" message?
      You can visit Underworld from a "Temple of Ages" when your world have a favor
      Maps, just in case if you don't know where it is http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15190

HoH = Hall of Heroes, it's the last map of Tombs (of something Kings, but everyone calls it "Tombs"). It's not a quest, it's a 8v8 group PvP single-elimination never-ending tournament.
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

• Yeh, i knew the HoH part, and figured out Fissure/UW just recently ... pissed off, server crashed with me just getting Gryphon quest (after killing a billion spirit-guys) ... sigh.

Had fun playing protecting monk tho ... life bond, life bond, life bond ... 2 healing monks plus me, nobody took damage except the idiot necro who kept getting himself killed ... thought +10 regen was enough to keep him alive. Not even with Life Bond ...

Comment

• Actually, warrior have better base DPS (up to 70 DPS) than Elementalist and it can continue dealing it indefinitely. The problem is that there are a lot of counters to a warriors.

That 70 DPS (for an optimal build used by an expert player) is so easy to reduce to a non-figure. Anything that blinds the warrior makes that an effective 7 DPS. Anything that slows the warrior makes that an effective 0 DPS. Common spells like Ward vs Melee and Aegis (c'mon every party has both these days) each give melee attacks a 50% miss-chance. Ward vs Melee can't even be countered, as its not an enchantment! And then there's the 3 or 4 seconds it actually takes a warrior to get into melee range...
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• It's not that hard to counter elementalists either. Quickening Zephyr, Fertile Season, Wards, Diversion, mana drain, interrupts, protective spirit, spell breaker etc.
            Besides, conditions like blind aren't a big problem. Even without Martyr, monks should be able to remove it.

Well, noob teams of 6 warriors are not a problem (we use Ward against Foes, Ward against Mellee and Aegis on 3 monks). But one or two good warriors in a good team shouldn't be underestimated. After all, even counters need energy. Warriors don't work as a part of a build like Air Spike, but they're efficient in just about any other build.
            Knowledge is Power

Comment

• Agreed. There are counters to everything by construction, and saying build/class x is bad because is has a counter is just silly.

Comment

• So I think i'm going to keep myself a protecting monk ... any suggestions for a PvP build for that?

7 Earth Magic
                9 Healing
                14 Protection
                9 Divine Favor

PvE build:
                Blessed Signet
                Ward vs Melee
                Ward vs Elements _or_ Aegis depending on circ.
                Life Bond
                Shield of Regeneration
                Shielding Hands
                Rebirth/Ressurect/Etc.
                Orizon of Healing

I cast life bond on all warriors and any other player who gets hit regularly. Not sure how valuable Shielding Hands is, it's a nice spell at max prot magic, but it has a long long recharge ... any other good prot magic spells to replace it with? (Deflection possibly)

For PvP i am not sure what the optimal build is. I could guess:

Blessed Sig
                Ward vs Melee
                Ward vs Elements
                Aegis
                Life Bond
                Shield of Regen
                ??
                ??

where ?? are probably from a collection of:
                Ward vs Foes
                some Remove Condition spell
                and ???????

Going to go try Tomb out in a bit. Perhaps it'll be interesting.

Comment

• is that a 12 8 8 7 - Combo with 2 Minor Runes (and one Major)?
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Looks too spread to me. Healing with divine favour, protection and earth spells. People want healing monks with all out healing or prot monks, and then the earth would be good. I'd go E/Mo Earth/Storage/Prot.

Comment

• My ranger is still in pre searing. Is there any specific quests that must be not missed? I figure that quest to get recaincartion signet is one of them.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Hunters Beer!
                        Besides that,the res, the belt Bag and your Class quests are quite importante. Everything else is optional.
                        Last edited by Main_Brain; July 9, 2005, 13:52.
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Looks too spread to me. Healing with divine favour, protection and earth spells. People want healing monks with all out healing or prot monks, and then the earth would be good. I'd go E/Mo Earth/Storage/Prot.
                          The healing/DF are mostly there because extra earth is a waste, and my weapon/second were healing/DF specced. (Now i could go divine favor and ignore healing if I wanted.)

I already made this char, anyway, so that's why i have to stick with Mo/E and not E/Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
                            My ranger is still in pre searing. Is there any specific quests that must be not missed? I figure that quest to get recaincartion signet is one of them.
                            It's a good idea to make all quests there. That way, you'll be lvl 7 and probably with some materials for armor. Anyway, it's better not to miss any quest that gives skills. Also, one quest gives 1 skill point.
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

• Nod that's why I'm still in pre searing - I want to do all quests I can find.

Got the belt pouch, that skill point already. HOw do I get more backpack?

Also how do I know which items I want to keep for armor? I got tons of salvage items in my inventory which re takingup space ha.

Did the across the wall - whoo charrs were fun to play with Finally some challenge, I'm already level 7
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Also are there elite skills to be had in pre searing?
                                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                                X