• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamski

Do you mean my monk-owning build?
    Yes!

Comment

• Okay, the first store sucked and they didn't have Collector's Box after all, but now I ordered from another and I'm hoping to have the game when I have three days off later this week
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Yes!
        Sorry, but since my main is a monk, I'd be inviting suicide to post the best way to kill me.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I am your guild mate!

Comment

• Yeah im thinking of starting a Monk too.
            Easier to find Groups ;=)
            But then.. to play all Quests a third Time.. Maybe when thje Exams are done.
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Seems Jamski is prepared to neglect all incoming Spells.. But what about incoming Axes?
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• I don't want to be rude about warriors, but if I'm in a decent team and I'm attacked by an axe-warrior I just stand my ground and type the occasional taunt in the "all" channel. If you're really bothering me I'll pop Pacifism on you, but a good team can out-heal melee damage with ease. The 2 teams I've mostly been playing with (League of Extraordinary Swedes & Union Francophone) the last few days have a nice habit of "saving" the last opposing warrior for the monks to kill.

Its spells that kill monks. Or the very rare good warrior. Or a mesmer that knows what to do :/
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Warriors are stronger than you think in a good team. I'll prove it by making a W/Me soon.

Comment

• I think a hammer-warrior would be powerful in a team ... hammer has some pretty effective skill-breaking abilities, and faster than most other skills (and more reusable in some cases)...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• unfortunatly I dont know any of the better hammer skills as my pvp hammer guy, and he just cant dish the damage fast enough

I like the sword skills I have picked up. Jamski, what about a couple of warriors targeting one guy? can the monks keep on top of that?
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Yes.

The warriors role is to be a royal pain in the ass to the monks, and deal a bit of damage too. They are never going to match the damage output of elementalists.

Play a W/Me with some energy drain skills and an anti-caster elite like Dwarven Battle stance, supported by other interrupts like distracting blow, or savage slash. A cheap knockdown like Hammer bash works well in the build if you don't have lots of adrenaline skills.

Comment

• Yeah, but a W can never do as much irritation as a Me, nor as much damage as an E... the advantage of a W has always been that they are TOUGHER, but in PvP this is a non-issue.

Comment

• God damn new store is being lazy with their mailings too at this rate I'll just go to the damn city and buy it off a shelf!
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                              Yeah, but a W can never do as much irritation as a Me, nor as much damage as an E... the advantage of a W has always been that they are TOUGHER, but in PvP this is a non-issue.
                              Well I think you are wrong that the package the warrior offers is so limited, which is why many top teams use warriors, or usually a warrior.

Comment

• Don't forget, also, Jamski, that Warriors (with their stances) often are the only class that can actually survive a lot of the knockdown/etc. effects from the other team. Having a Warrior in such a stance while the opposing team is casting meteor shower or something, early on, means your warrior can shrug it off and run over to their (whatever's most dangerous at the moment) and knock *him/her* down ...
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X