No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...I wondered what those faction points I was getting this morning. But 1000 points at a minimum is going to take me a long time to get in ascalon arena..!

Best we get on with some more GvG then!
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• I do have the parchment, yet the aint no Family Member seeking help there. :/
      On the Bright Side my W/N hit Lvl 15 last nigth while my Main Necro reached Marhan’s Grotto :=) Now someone gifts me 75k Gold for that Nifty Armor?
      Last edited by Main_Brain; June 30, 2005, 09:05.
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• New changes are great, again.

Now they just need to introduce a method for PvE players to get the items they want for PvE that doesn't involve farming.

Comment

• I posted this earlier at gwonline, but no one replied.

I guess everyone is too busy posting about how ArenaNet sucks for continuously making great improvements to the game.

GWonline post:

First off kudos to ArenaNet on the changes, which are exactly what was needed in principle, though in practice some details will still need tweaks I'm sure.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss what further improvements could be made, particularly with regard to formulating a way for PvE players to get specific item/rune rewards without having to farm for masses of gold.

Clearly ArenaNet have pushed the bar to its highest ever level in linking PvE and PvP gameplay, but the interactions are still only 1 way - that is, PvE is a method (now one of the two methods) for unlocking things for PvP. I think there is scope for more lovin' for PvE players who want certain items, but don't want (along with ArenaNet!) to farm for the money you need to buy them. One way would be to allow the new faction system to create an actual item for PvE characters.

Now hear me out before you flame - this item would have to be customised and therefore unsaleable. The prices could also (if necessary) be tweaked so that unlocking for PvP and getting an item for PvE was dearer in faction terms. If this system was set up the PvE PvP interaction would be both ways. Those who wanted to play just PvE or just PvP could do so (true for PvP now with faction), but those playing both have more options for unlocking/getting items (half true now, but totally true under my scheme).

The 'other stories', or other method of attaining the goal of allowing PvE players (by attaining something in the game) to get items they want without farming, would be to follow the example of the faction system and make skill points 'reward' points, that could be spent on upgrades and runes for your PvE character. After all, you get these points through cooperative gameplay, which is what everyone wants right? This option would have the further advantage of rewarding people for past gameplay. This is useful as if they introduce item/rune rewards for quests you've done 3 times in PvE you might not want to do them again.

Actually, I see no reason not to do both of these in the long term. The options for unlocking/getting items would be there for any playstyle (and no farming would be necessary for any reason), and PvE and PvP would be integrated in an incredibly elegant way.

Comment

• You seem to think PVP has no effect currently on PVE?

Both the Underworld and the Fissure of Woe are areas that are only available when your country has the favor of the gods. This favor is only won through winning PVP games.

IMO, what needs to be done is allowing you to straight up BUY the items with your faction. This would also unlock them for your PVP characters, but you would also HAVE the item in your PVE characters. Would prove useful, especially when seeking a particular weapon mod or two that typically go for some 100K or other outrageous price. 2000 faction (what would be needed IIRC) would be about comparable in terms of time needed I think.

Assuming you are winning PVP, that is.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              You seem to think PVP has no effect currently on PVE?
              Both the Underworld and the Fissure of Woe are areas that are only available when your country has the favor of the gods. This favor is only won through winning PVP games.
              An effect different from the one I'm proposing. And one that sucks if you are European, but that's a different issue.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx IMO, what needs to be done is allowing you to straight up BUY the items with your faction. This would also unlock them for your PVP characters, but you would also HAVE the item in your PVE characters. Would prove useful, especially when seeking a particular weapon mod or two that typically go for some 100K or other outrageous price. 2000 faction (what would be needed IIRC) would be about comparable in terms of time needed I think.
              Um, I just said exactly that.

Comment

• btw

what do the different colors mean?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• On the Boss-Monsters, they indicate the Class of the Monster (Necro...) so you can tell wheter its worthwhile to hunt for a certain Skill. Did you mean that?

Or the Colours of Items- Blue, Gold etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Um, I just said exactly that.
                    I thought you were saying have a choice of items. Either unlock a PVP or buy a PVE item, and you could buy one or the other.

I was thinking more that you could buy an item/skill for your PVE character, but it would also be unlocked the next time you made a PVP player.

If I misunderstood you, sorry.

As for the colors, yeah, if it's for monsters it tells you class of monster.

Green is Necro
                    Red is Elem
                    Blue is Monk
                    Yellow is Warrior
                    Purple/Pink? is Mesmer
                    And a different green is Ranger

I believe that is the breakdown. I'm color blind though.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Whereas purple = "uncommon" and yellow/gold = "rare" for items.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I thought you were saying have a choice of items. Either unlock a PVP or buy a PVE item, and you could buy one or the other.

I was thinking more that you could buy an item/skill for your PVE character, but it would also be unlocked the next time you made a PVP player.
                        Essentially what I suggested was that you could pay more and unlock it for PvP *and* get the item for PvE. I also went further and suggested the item be customised to prevent resale.

I also suggested skill points could be redeemed in a similar fashion for upgrades and runes, which I like as an idea.

Comment

• Guild Wars elite skill listing with maps - An elite skill listing with maps for the massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) Guild Wars

Warrior Yellow
                          Elementalist Red
                          Mesmer Purple
                          Monk Blue
                          Necromancer Dark Green
                          Ranger Light Green

Comment

• Originally posted by Main_Brain
                            Guild Wars elite skill listing with maps - An elite skill listing with maps for the massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) Guild Wars
                            That btw is probably THE best site for locations of elite skills from bosses ...

Comment

• I agree, the locations are checked unlike other Sites
                              BTW:
                              Life (De)Regeneration is capped at +/-10 correct?

Comment

• Not sure ... but I've never tried to get it over that, on my own character anyway. I guess you could take a monk/necro out and try it ... stand in a well of blood and cast breeze on yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X