Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Nuke War 25: NSS Edition

Nuke War 25: "No Stupid Story Edition."

The Cowboy is too busy to come up with another lame story, besides, everybody need a freaking translation anyway. Maybe I should have called it the old school edition.

The Rules

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through:

PM

(When orders have been sent, please post a "sent" msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------

Each turn takes about 24 hours; weekends, holidays, etc. may result in longer turns. (Turns tentatively ending at 5 PM CST (2300 GMT) each day, but this isn't set in stone.) If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Winning the Game

There is only one winner in nuclear war. Although sometimes MAD occurs which results in no winners. There are no allied victories allowed. Alliances are allowed, but remember that they will need be disolved at some point.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to attack someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Use Bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed. After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not IPS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on energy shields; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Players:
    1. Jonny (Bite, My, Shiny)
    2. Kassiopeia (Nobody, Expects, The)
    3. Lord Nuclear (Laser, Torpedo, Fighter)
    4. Jaguar (.-, -..., -.-.)
    5. Skanky Burns (Debit, Credit, Account)
    6. Kuciwalker (I'm, Wesley, Crusher)
    7. Atragon (in, out, in)
    8. snoopy369 (Bulls, Cubs, White Sox)
    9. Ljube-ljcvetko (Santiago de Compostela, Pamplona, Vitoria)
    10. paramir (who, like, short)

Orders are due by Wednesday at around 8AM CST.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

I sent my orders when you decided to be GM. Do you still have them?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Yep!
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Sent.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Need orders from:
              Lord Nuclear
              Skanky Burns
              Wesley Crusher
              Ljube-ljcvetko
              paramir

24 hrs left!

Comment

Orderz in!
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Turn 1: "All is quiet on the Western Front!"

Oh the ICS:

Jonny builds Metal, Kassiopeia builds Spanish, Lord Nuclear builds Manouver, snoopy369 builds Bears, and paramir builds shorts.

Jaguar sends one nuke at ljube-ljcvetko and another at Atragon.
                    Wesley sends two at a random person and Lord Nuclear won the drawing.

Ljube-ljcvetko has his deflectors on and sends the lone nuke back at Jaguar.

Atragon and Skanky Burns were both working on secret projects.

Players: (Turn 1)
                    1. Jonny (Bite, My, Shiny, Metal)
                    2. Kassiopeia (Nobody, Expects, The, Spanish)
                    3. Lord Nuclear (Laser, Torpedo)
                    4. Jaguar (.-, -...)
                    5. Skanky Burns (Debit, Credit, Account)
                    6. Kuciwalker (I'm, Wesley, Crusher)
                    7. Atragon (in, out)
                    8. snoopy369 (Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, Da Bears)
                    9. Ljube-ljcvetko (Santiago de Compostela, Pamplona, Vitoria)
                    10. paramir (who, like, short, shorts)

Let's try to keep this on schedule.
                    Last edited by Spaced Cowboy; April 20, 2005, 18:01.

Comment

You forgot to subtract cities from people who got hit.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

And... sent.

My orders, once again, consisted of lobbing one nuke at one random person, and another nuke at a different random person.

Comment

fixed!

Comment

Sent.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Snet.

Comment

Working...
                              X