Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sent

Comment

• Very nice, but what happened to the laser part of my fleet?
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
        Very nice, but what happened to the laser part of my fleet?
        That's a good question, you'll have to ask Snoopy.

Here's the definitely accurate version of data.
        Attached Files
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Orders in. Our ninja pirate robots in space, which is so freaking cool by the way, are getting more efficient and more cool. We're thinking of teaming them up with sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads... in space. Which would multiply the coolness a billionfold, though I don't see how it'd help with message delivery.

Edit: One of the ninja pirate robots in space turned out to be a monkey with a typewriter in space, which screwed up the orders. Those responsible have been sacked and replaced with more efficient bureaucrats... in space.
          Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; March 2, 2005, 00:08.
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• I know what happened It is copying your frigate numbers all the way down.

Smiley , you should change the cell values on the number portion of Vlad's fleet (the 0's on the GUI sheet) from:
            $E14
            $E14
            $E14
            $E14
            $E14

to
            $E14
            $F14
            $G14
            $H14
            $I14

like everyone else's (although everyone else has a different number of course) ...

Thanks!
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Orders in.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Jamski, I said I was gonna camp in my base. Sometimes you should trust what people say.

Analysis of the turn:
                Attackers:
                Lord nuclear
                Snoopy369
                Jamski
                Kassiopeia

A two turn attack pattern would yield 100% victory chance.

dead:
                Sandman

Everyone else should at least have ~50ton worth of possible shipping and 2 Shields avaible. (excluding those who used shields last turn of course)

Single fleet type players:
                Paddy the Scot, Skany Burns have all fighters
                Ljube have all torpedos
                Moron, Space Cowboy, Jaguar have all lasers

Most other players have a mixed fleet.

Current fleet balance: 3:2:2

Other notes:
                Most productive empires of the Galaxy
                The Awesome Kuciwalker at 30bp/turn
                The Great Lord Nuclear at 26bp/turn

Comment

• A two turn attack pattern would yield 100% chance? Against what fleet exactly?

A two turn attack pattern would (presumably) hit a shield the first turn and lose half of its ships.

Comment

• What do you mean by a two turn attack pattern?
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• P.S. What the hell is DrSpike doing.....sitting on 62 bps with no base/ships? If Kuciwalkers all bases strategy is dangerous, his strategy is even more dangerous. Expect an attack in the next two turns?

Comment

• DrSpike and ExodusPhoenix were deleted from the game, as they didn't send in orders (DrSpike quit, and EP hasn't sent orders for 2 rounds now). Hence why they don't appear in the graphical edition.

Smiley, for ease of reading the spreadsheet version you might consider changing their name to Wasted or something obvious (say "Sandman-WASTED" would work! )

Comment

• Orders sent.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            A two turn attack pattern would yield 100% chance? Against what fleet exactly?

A two turn attack pattern would (presumably) hit a shield the first turn and lose half of its ships.
                            Well, if we are talking allied attacks here, 10% loss is not that big since the size advantage is 2:1 at start, and losing 10% would still give a ~1.8 : 1 ratio, enough to ensure victory unless some truely moronic OOB was inputted. (extremely unlikely, as past Galactic overlord have shown)

The problem is that after the first attack, EVERYONE would know that the shield-using opposition is without a shield and an allied attack is safe. (especially with some control on time of attack to prevent another alliance from hitting them on top of that, using the hit whoever is there order)

The biggest threat from attacking would be being counter attacked, otherwise the defender is not that big of a threat.

Comment

• Eh, simply forgot to delete the rows that time.

So a two turn pattern is attack one turn, build stuff the other, repeat?

Comment

• Basically:

Turn 1: Ally and attack
                                Turn 2: Ally and attack

blah

Comment

Working...
                                X