No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez, you must have collected some very strong stuff there...

Your error post comes sooner then your report post.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
      Jeez, you must have collected some very strong stuff there...

Your error post comes sooner then your report post.

Wow, I didn't even notice that.

Comment

• Poly clocks have slight problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
          Wow, I didn't even notice that.
          As long as you don't notice my fleet approaching I'm happy as well.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 20/20.

Will begin processing in 3 hours, depending on how complex the battles are, the full results will be up tonight or some time tomorrow.

The prebuild turn definitely makes this a whole new game.

Here is something to think about

The best defense is a good shield.

Maneuvered Lazors at close range aren't too shabby either.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Data updates in 12-18 hours. Some story for now.

Don't fiddle while the planet burns.
              Chapter 1.2
              The Eternal Planet

The Emperor had since fled Old Constantinople, which now bore the curious name of Elvis. The last ship out left no room for His Imperial Majesty's great entourage of retainers though; the vessel barely able to make orbit with Basileus Naviwinat's vast harem.

With entertainment aplenty, prosperity and peace seemed to remain in the capital, and the people deluded themselves with wine and song in the face of galactic turmoil. Two new resorts were commissioned by the Consul Ciann Pollus, and only at some hawkish Senators' persistent urging had part of the treasury been diverted from bread and circuses to the military.

Five grand warships of titanic size were built. These magnificent vessels, complete with laser-carved figureheads and platinum trim, paraded over the city. Below, the citizens continued their revelry. Above...
              Attached Files
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• You TEASER!
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• indeed
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• So, Sandman and Jamski are going to get hit?
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• whats with the number of times lasers have been refered to by similey......is a replay of the last gal overlord going to happen?

Comment

• The prébuild sheet showed a fleet more composed of all weapon types (in general, that is).
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• more skanky-jamski feud?

prebuild had more torpedos than anything else.....

Comment

• Wait a moment... I thought I, Ciann Pollus, was Sector Governor in a distant part of the Imperium, not the Galactic Capital.

And you don't have to use my silly base names if it doesn't fit the story. Old Constantinople sounds better than Elvis, anyway. Name my other bases Pera, Uskudar, Cyprici and Seraglio.

Comment

• Hmm, I knew that writing at 1am would have some side effects...

I love the smell of Lazor in the morning.
                              Chapter 1.3
                              The Military Industrial Complex

Lord Vetko's rampaging armies had long been the scourge of the galaxy. But this being an age of high technology, an army can't simply live off the land, especially not out among the stars where to say land is scarce would be a severe understatement.

But they could live off space platforms, and here Vetko found a partner in the skilled programmer turned technocrat Polly Siffan. Wisdom was shared, and before long the new Shipyard #4 was rolling dreadnaughts off the lines.

With the state of unease degenerating into skirmishes, Vetko needless to say became the one to fire the lazor seen 'round the galaxy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Chapter 1.4
                                Viva Elvis?

Factionalism within the Senate had led the reformist Danq to lead his supporters to the new planet of Coruscant, where planners were at work erecting a new capital. Meanwhile, back at Old Constantinople, Ciann Pollus had returned from the provinces by popular demand.

He'd found the place a hedonistic mess. Only recently had shipping finally been built. Was it soon enough though?

-------------------------------------------------

Closing in at high speed, two identical squadrons of six dreadnaughts descended on Elvis. Lasers were armed on eight of the enemy warships. Ciann Pollus's torpedo gunners put up a good fight despite being outnumbered.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X