recommend me an adventure game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puzzles.

see like I found Myst intensely frustrating. Now some folks say the puzzles in Myst arent that hard, but several of them stumped me, so i needed a walkthrough. Part of it was that they seemed so arbitrary, so weird, so unrelated to the plot that i felt unmotivated to figure them out. The other was that to figure them out it seemed like you needed to record lots of info from all around the game, and there was no place in game to do that - and you couldnt play in a window, IIRC, so that meant writing stuff down with pencil and paper. Frankly I got bored, and just used the walkthrough whenever i got stuck. WHen i got to the tree maze, i was so totally frustrated by the camera angles, I just gave up entirely. If i had paid more than $3 Id have been DISAPPOINTED.

I DONT want a game like THAT. IIUC many adventure games are very different, and id like to see what theyre like.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
      Best adventure ever: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

And if you are lucky enough to find The Last Express: buy it! Political intrigue, murder and love on the last trip of the Orient Express before the outbreak of WW 1.

Now that sounds cool. A game thats not set in some fantasy or sci fi world, but in a historical setting, more or less.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        puzzles.

*snip*

I DONT want a game like THAT. IIUC many adventure games are very different, and id like to see what theyre like.
        Okay then, I officially prohibit you from playing King's Quest 1.

My recommendation of KQ2+ VGA stands, though.

Comment

Working...
        X