No announcement yet.

Another Dominions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoose undead are not quite living up the reputation of Unstoppable Horde .

Comment

Turmoil and misfortune is an unworkable combination, even for Ermor.

Turn 12 sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
        Turmoil and misfortune is an unworkable combination, even for Ermor.
        Not really, that is my prefered scales with dead Ermors.

Comment

Marignon seems to have gotten quite big. But is there anything of substance under what seems to be an exapnsive empire, or are they simply a skeleton, ready to crumble with the slightest nudge?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

In a Marignon vs. Ermor match, Marignon are sure to win in my opinion. They have dozens of priests, pikemen to keep the hordes at bay while they are getting banished, cheap crossbowmen that can mow the masses to pieces if the priests aren't enough, and the Knights of the Chalice are just awesome (sacred they are!).

I played a game against myself to check which army was the strongest without magic. I played these:
            Ermor (standard version), Pyhtium, Man, Marignon, Tien Chi (Spring & Autumn), Mictlan, Arcoscephale and Ulm.
            It's terrible to see how poor Mictlan is. Even with an adbantage of 4 or 5 vs 1 they always lose... Ulm is quite solid but lacks good fire troops and their slow movement and relatively low morale doesn't help them much. Man has very strong knights but lacks good infantry. Marignon is very solid. But Pythium just rocks. Emerald guards are by far the strongest infantry that can be bought. Supplemented with some serpent cataphracts (a bit expensive, but turn into serpent when the rider is killed) or independent knights, they are well-nigh unstoppable. Tien Chi and Arco were a bit disappointing.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              In a Marignon vs. Ermor match, Marignon are sure to win in my opinion. They have dozens of priests, pikemen to keep the hordes at bay while they are getting banished, cheap crossbowmen that can mow the masses to pieces if the priests aren't enough, and the Knights of the Chalice are just awesome (sacred they are!).

I played a game against myself to check which army was the strongest without magic. I played these:
              Ermor (standard version), Pyhtium, Man, Marignon, Tien Chi (Spring & Autumn), Mictlan, Arcoscephale and Ulm.
              It's terrible to see how poor Mictlan is. Even with an adbantage of 4 or 5 vs 1 they always lose... Ulm is quite solid but lacks good fire troops and their slow movement and relatively low morale doesn't help them much. Man has very strong knights but lacks good infantry. Marignon is very solid. But Pythium just rocks. Emerald guards are by far the strongest infantry that can be bought. Supplemented with some serpent cataphracts (a bit expensive, but turn into serpent when the rider is killed) or independent knights, they are well-nigh unstoppable. Tien Chi and Arco were a bit disappointing.
              Ermor would have been a pushover for just about any nation in our game, I probably had to kill less than 50 undead total (plus an assortment of starving independents the AI had hired). I much prefer flagellents to knights of the chalice, with a good bless nine flagellents are far better than one knight, not to mention recruitable at every castle and costing less resources.

For the most part I agree with your army comparisons, though Mictlan is not too bad with a good bless (they can recruit Jaguar Warriors at every castle, and the capital only sacreds are good too). Also, arco is not bad at all, the hoplites are great for 11 gold, and the trick to using elephants is grouping them with hypaspist (higher total morale, which should keep the elephants from routing).

Oh, and the inquisition encourages those who question the Holy Empire's power and glory to report to the 'Marignon bureau of tourist information' at the capital.

Comment

Tch, hotmail is being a pest, saying that some of the game files have viruses in them.

The solution? If I keep trying, it lets them through.

Comment

Any news from the other realms?

The forges of Ulm have been roaring with a new intensity, and rumours talk about the earth itself coming alive to serve the Black Priests.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by quantum_mechani

Also, arco is not bad at all, the hoplites are great for 11 gold, and the trick to using elephants is grouping them with hypaspist (higher total morale, which should keep the elephants from routing).

I'm playing Arco, but can not find any elephants or "hypatists". This must mean I'm doing poorly.

You must be swimming in earth gems by now Ludd, my count being about 80 or more by now. Why not share the bounty?

Comment

Originally posted by solo

I'm playing Arco, but can not find any elephants or "hypatists".
                      That is one of the disadvatages of Golden Era.

Comment

Originally posted by solo

I'm playing Arco, but can not find any elephants or "hypatists". This must mean I'm doing poorly.

You must be swimming in earth gems by now Ludd, my count being about 80 or more by now. Why not share the bounty?
                        "share the bounty"... with heretics? No, I don't think so. The gems are reserved for the great forges of Ulm.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Your task must be to free yourself from this smokey prison by widening your circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures.

Comment

"embrace"? "compassion"? "Living creatures"? No, the only thing of importance are the great forges. "Living creatures" are only important in so far as they are a part of the process - a sort of cog in the machine.

The task of every "living creature" is to embrace the singular and focused mentality of a servant to the forge, the iron, and the Great Stone of Ulm.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Turn 17 sent.

Comment

Ulm, by destroying the holy garrison on the rim mountains, has once again unleashed an unholy plague on the land. The leaders of Marignon call for a worldwide crusade against the abomination, and the nation that released it.

Comment

Working...
                                X