No announcement yet.

Another Dominions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The house of cards that is Vanheim recieved a severe kick this turn, courtesy of Cthugul the Stargazer.

Comment

• I've played a couple blitz games with Quantum over the weakend. He's quickly turning me into a gamey bastard.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Hmm. Hotmail insists that your turn has an incurable virus, Ludd, and won't let me download it. Try scanning it for viruses, resending it, or attaching it to a post here.

Comment

• Well, now that is interesting. Norton Anti-Virus automatically scans all my outgoing mail.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• But I did a full scan and found a few.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, again. Turn 37 sent.

And I've just realised that I didn't take any screenshots of the huge struggle for Vanheim's fortress. A top-notch battle, that was. Didn't get much loot though, despite all the rare items held by the Vanheimian forces.

Comment

• This game has been kind of a re-run of the last one... Ludd and Quantum get in an early fight, before Quantum's capital falls to a concentrated attack by me, whilst Solo bides his time.

I'm just waiting for Quantum's 2h file.
                Last edited by Sandman; June 7, 2005, 06:18.

Comment

• Yeah, it's funny how things have turned out so similiar, now that you mention it.

But I was never in an extended fight with quantum in the first game... we just had a few skirmishes. This game has been a constant slugfest. (well "slugfest" may be a bit of an exageration, when most of the fighting has been done by armies of 5 and less)

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
                    But I was never in an extended fight with quantum in the first game... we just had a few skirmishes. This game has been a constant slugfest. (well "slugfest" may be a bit of an exageration, when most of the fighting has been done by armies of 5 and less)
                    Well, I thought for awhile that you two were faking it, with provinces flipping back and forth between owners enough to give the inhabitants an identity crises.

The game is quite similar in many respects to the last one, but there are some subtle diffrences, too. I don't think Ludd can expect me to sail around the world like I did in the last game and land in his back yard!

Comment

• Originally posted by solo
                      The game is quite similar in many respects to the last one, but there are some subtle diffrences, too.
                      For instance, it is notably harder to incite unrest underwater.

It looks like there is going to be another blitz game on IRC tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Ah yes... I miss being able to cause unrest.

Once I fell victim to it in the first game, I caught on and started building an army of my own spies. I had almost two dozen spies at one point causing unrest in Arcoscephale and Jotunheim, in combination with your own from Marignon.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Well, I don't miss your spies a bit!

Comment

• But I was never in an extended fight with quantum in the first game... we just had a few skirmishes
                            How did that fight start, anyway?

Turn 39 sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman

How did that fight start, anyway?

Turn 39 sent.
                              I wanted to secure the chokepoint between east and west, and he had built a fort there. So I took it, and didn't push any further than that, leaving Marignon, Ermor, and later Jotunheim to fight it out while I held any enemies at bay with a garrison so large that even Ermor was detered from ever trying to attack me.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• The last remnants of the Vanheim raiders have been vanquised from the eastern Peninsula and the lands of Caelum are, finally, in peace.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X