No announcement yet.

Another Dominions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like this game may be aproaching the end. I still intend to play, of course, but it may be time to discuss the next game... if everyone is up for another, that is.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
      It looks like this game may be aproaching the end. I still intend to play, of course, but it may be time to discuss the next game... if everyone is up for another, that is.
      I'm in.

Comment

• Me too. Much more to learn I'm afraid.

I expect one short time out later in this month, but during July and August expect to have internet access whenever I am away.

Comment

• Shall we conclude this game, then? It'll take another two turns for me to capture one of Man's remaining victory point provinces.

A fun game, though. Especially since I won.

Comment

• How about using Zen's Ballance mods for the next game?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Which ones?

Comment

• All of the newest versions would be my suggestion.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Using these would be okay with me, but I would like to know more details about the modified spells and scales. I have looked at Zen's thread, and the first post only lists the Pretender changes. Must I read through every page of this thread to find the other details, or can someone tell me what they are?

The timeout I am requesting for this month will begin this friday and will end next Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

• And it's finally over.

Shame about poor old Obscuro, though. He was looking forward to a nice long retirement with all the gold I'd paid him.

Some R'lyeh strategy secrets:

I used the gateway and teleport spells to quickly reinforce my home province when solo attacked. This left the 'Island front' open to Caelum to make a comeback, but I was able to prevent a total collapse on this front with the odds and ends I had scattered around.

I deliberately held off from finishing off Vanheim (admittedly Caelum's sudden attack influenced this decision). But I also reckoned that Vanheim would be a burden for Man, constantly demanding gems, gold and items. And yes, it was fairly obvious that Man was helping Vanheim, what with the blood items and all.

I took +1 luck to increase my chances of getting heroes. R'lyeh has one of the best selections of heroes going... all top-tier mages. They certainly served me well in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by solo
                      Using these would be okay with me, but I would like to know more details about the modified spells and scales. I have looked at Zen's thread, and the first post only lists the Pretender changes. Must I read through every page of this thread to find the other details, or can someone tell me what they are?

The timeout I am requesting for this month will begin this friday and will end next Monday or Tuesday.

I actually don't know the specifics of any of the changes... it just seems that the game is better when I play with his mods.

We don't have to use them.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• I suggest we play on Urgaia this time... I'm not a fan of the Sundering after that game.

And I'll be Abysia.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• We can use the mods.

Perhaps Quantum or Sandman know more about the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd

I actually don't know the specifics of any of the changes... it just seems that the game is better when I play with his mods.

We don't have to use them.
                            I am a fan of the mods (partly because of my hand in making them ). Pretenders is pretty obvious simply from browsing the nation selection screens, scales makes sloth, death and misfortune more painful (and their corresponding opposites more attractive), I made a readme for spells
                            here.

There is also a recently released item mod, it still has some issues, hopefully the new version will be out next week. If anyone has input about the mods, Zen is often on the dominions IRC channel on Fridays.

As for a map, the edited Clash of Titan for four players is pretty nice.

Comment

• I suppose I'm ok with using the mods, except possibly the item one.

My map suggestion would be 'Brittain'.

Comment

• Pretty much any map is alright with me as long as it isn't the sundering.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X