No announcement yet.

Another Dominions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how Quantum and I always seem to be the first to fight one another.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
      Funny how Quantum and I always seem to be the first to fight one another.
      What a coincidence, maybe it's because you keep attacking me?

Comment

• We just happen to always be placed close together, and the other two like to be fence sitters.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Hmm, I really ought to stop playing turns first thing in the morning.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Abysia was all but eliminated this turn. An army of mages with neglible troop support was sent to destroy a horde of unroutable vine beings.

Meanwhile, a new war has begun in the West.

Comment

• Yep. I'm done for.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• What a battle... how I won, I'll never know.

Comment

• An epic battle! Almost worth it to be the loser!

I think I needed more fodder and more mages that could cast Relief. My guys got tuckered out too soon. I also made some dumb decisions in a few of the previous turns, but am learning more as I play each game!

At least I have proved that the Ulm can do some research if they put their minds to it!

Comment

• Are you playing as default Ulm, or one of the special dominions?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• I'm going to have to start geting gamey like Quantum and his uber-pretenders. I've said that before, though.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
                        I'm going to have to start geting gamey like Quantum and his uber-pretenders. I've said that before, though.
                        I fail to see what is gamey about uber-pretenders, they are supposed to be gods.

Comment

• The default Ulm.

I wanted magic scales at +3, which is not available with the themes.
                          Last edited by solo; July 12, 2005, 13:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by quantum_mechani
                            I fail to see what is gamey about uber-pretenders, they are supposed to be gods.
                            uber-pretenders aren't neccisarily gamey, but picking 1 water for quickness 1 earth for iron skin 2 air for mistform and mirror image 1 astral for body ethereal and personal luck, ect... is pretty much the definition of gamey.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by solo
                              The default Ulm.

I wanted magic scales at +3, which is not available with the themes.
                              Black forest allows full magic scale.

And, no, the definition of gamey is setting one crippled infantry ahead of the rest of your troops to draw all the enemy arrows.

It's true I make my pretender with a strategy in mind, but it is a strategy game. I know of very few players who make all their decisions in dominions (or any other game) based on what seems most thematic...

Comment

• Seting up a pretender in that fashion goes a litte bit beyond just making it with a "strategy in mind"... but I'm not complaining about your pretenders - just saying.

And just incase it sounds like sour grapes, I'll fully admit that I shot myself in the foot this game (numerous times).

Although I do tend towards the thematic in all the games that I play. Dominions isn't neccisarily the best game for 'thematic strategies' (or roleplay) but I can't help myself - even when I make a really gamey pretender, I simply can't live with having a watch tower castle if it seems inappropriate, for instance.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X