Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the base Jamski.

Comment

• Both sides opened with two rounds of lasers at close range, but Doc's superior firepower allowed him to lay waste to the enemy fleet.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Doc was now out of ammo, but fortunately Joncha had not brought alone enough torpedoes. While the loss of half his fleet was painful, the two captured bases were defended.
        Attached Files
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Did I hear a Murray there.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• And now the third and final battle. Lord Nuclear's forces, bolstered by last round's conquest of Kassiopeia, decided to continue on the starlanes to Sparrowhawk's fortress.

In a straightforward shootout, both sides opened up with lasers at close range... but Lord Nuclear had more.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Third and final battle? Aren't you forgetting something?

Comment

• Atragon, your invasion of Paddy's homeland was unopposed.

See the chart at the beginning of the turn.

Anyway, 2nd round Sparrowhawk responded with torpedoes, which is an otherwise sound strategy for countering lasers... but not so effective at close range.

The third round saw both launching fighters, but once again, Nuclear had his foe outnumbered. Sparrowhawk had no choice but surrender.

With that, Lord Nuclear achieved another bloodless victory.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Ah, never mind.

Comment

• And here's the current situation. A dozen Overlords remain.

Total ship tonnage in the galaxy is up to 579 now; however, the economy is collapsing as the world industrial output dropped 20%. For the first time, there are more conquered bases than homeworlds in the galaxy. Industrial levels are now below prewar conditions.

EDIT: Skanky attacked Doc with a single laserfrigate and took his 3 bases.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by :) Smiley; January 23, 2005, 15:17.

Comment

• Text-only version
                      Code:
                      7.4 DISPLAY	BASES			TONNAGE		
                      		H	C	BPs	L	F	T
                      Atragon			8	16	39	4	4
                      DrSpike			2	19	3		
                      Gamecube64	3		14	14	6	29
                      Hercules	4	6	32	24	32	20
                      Joncha		3	1	17	24	27	24
                      Ljube-ljcvetko		3	6		12	30
                      Lord Nuclear	4	8	36	30	30	24
                      Paddy the Scot		3	6	4	28	31
                      Sandman		3		30			
                      Skanky Burns		5	22	11	9	9
                      Spaced Cowboy	4		21	55	20	
                      Jonny		4	3	28	20	8	8
                      SUM		25	39	247	224	176	179
                      The historian Smiley compiles his list of
                      "The Most Militarized Overlords in the Galaxy"
                      (based on total ship tonnage)

1. The Almighty Lord Nuclear
                      2. The Glorious Hercules
                      3. The Grand Spaced Cowboy
                      4. The Great Joncha
                      5. The Good Paddy the Scot
                      6. The Fair Gamecube64
                      7. The Small Atragon
                      8. The Weak Ljube Ljcvetko
                      9. The Laughable Jonny
                      10. The Pathetic Skanky Burns
                      11. The Puny Dr. Spike
                      12. The Helpless Sandman

48 hours takes us into the weekend, so just get the orders in whenever. Definitely by Monday though.
                      Last edited by :) Smiley; January 20, 2005, 23:32.

Comment

• Wow. So many people without homes...

Herc and LN are in extremely strong positions, Jonny and Spaced are also well off.

Comment

• Even without the graphics it would be useful to explain what happened in the Atragon, Ljube. Paddy and me battles.

I think the Ljube- Paddy combo invaded Atragon's home base and divided the spoils but then meantime Atragon invaded Paddy's Home base and I invaded Ljube's Home base.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• That sounds about right.

Comment

• /me will remember fellow Canadians in the next gaem
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                                Total ship tonnage in the galaxy is up to 579 now; however, the economy is collapsing as the world industrial output dropped 20%. For the first time, there are more conquered bases than homeworlds in the galaxy. Industrial levels are now below prewar conditions.

War is hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X