Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup.

Comment

Ah sweet relief, EU Final Beta is out for a few weeks (suspected release date is 10th Feb), so I can get my fix again. Level 14 Tauren Druid on EN Test 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        What kind of argument is that?
        That's what I was asking.

What kind of 'argument' is "That's what I love about MMORPGs - They can fix that problem"? As you say, all games have problems that need fixing, and they can all potentially be fixed. There are single player games that do a great job of this and there are MMOGs that do a horrible job of this, and vice versa of course.

I wasn't 'grasping at straws' to put it into a negative light, either. That's just how I like to post.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Of all types of games though, MMORPGs have the greatest stake in fixing problems their game has. The people they get next month's revenue from are largely the people who are already playing the game now. Keep them happy, keep them subscribed.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thus stuff gets fixed. Fixed stuff is good.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

That's what I was asking.

What kind of 'argument' is "That's what I love about MMORPGs - They can fix that problem"? As you say, all games have problems that need fixing, and they can all potentially be fixed. There are single player games that do a great job of this and there are MMOGs that do a horrible job of this, and vice versa of course.

I wasn't 'grasping at straws' to put it into a negative light, either. That's just how I like to post.

You mean, you normally try to grasp at straws to put things into negative light.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Of all types of games though, MMORPGs have the greatest stake in fixing problems their game has. The people they get next month's revenue from are largely the people who are already playing the game now. Keep them happy, keep them subscribed.

But games like Shadowbane and Anarchy online show us that this is not a rule for MMORPGs (or even neccisary to keep a fan base), while games like Europa Universalis show us that it is not unheard of for singleplayer games, either.

Either way, a MMORPG crashing because it is unable to handle large amounts of players is a pretty critical flaw.

[quote]You mean, you normally try to grasp at straws to put things into negative light. [/quote[

Well, if that's how you want to look at it....
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by General Ludd

But games like Shadowbane and Anarchy online show us that this is not a rule for MMORPGs (or even neccisary to keep a fan base), while games like Europa Universalis show us that it is not unheard of for singleplayer games, either.

Either way, a MMORPG crashing because it is unable to handle large amounts of players is a pretty critical flaw.

You mean, you normally try to grasp at straws to put things into negative light. [/quote[

Well, if that's how you want to look at it....

Are you happy in life?

Comment

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                    X