No announcement yet.

Half-Life 2 is out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only complaint so far is that there seems to be very little story, but that could change I guess. I assume I'm a little more than halfway through, maybe more.

Has anyone managed to spot the G-man so far? I've seen him twice, but he's always been way off in the distance (I've had to use binoculars). I'm guessing that he's probably been hanging out in a couple other places but I missed him.
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
      I can't really think of the last game that really was worth the hype ...
      Rise of Nations (at least for those who like RTS).
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Rise of Nations (at least for those who like RTS).
        Did RoN really have that much hype associated with it? I mean, beyond word-of-mouth hype. I honestly don't remember that much. Certainly no trailers in theatres or TV ad blitzes.
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

How fast does it run on a TI4200 (64MB)?

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX

Did RoN really have that much hype associated with it? I mean, beyond word-of-mouth hype. I honestly don't remember that much. Certainly no trailers in theatres or TV ad blitzes.
            And it was rubbish anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
              How fast does it run on a TI4200 (64MB)?

Probably not so well, but I bet it's playable. Processor speed and memory are definitely important, also. This is the first game I've seen where bodies never dissappear and marks stay on walls forever. If you crushed say a sink, then shot a piece of it, that piece would stay on the floor forever with a bullet hole in it.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Marks don't stay on the wall forever in HL2.

Last night I shot the machine gun at the walls a lot (I was bored) to test this very thing, and they disappear in the order they appeared once you have a certain number.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I guess I'll have to test that, I was shooting a wall for a while and nothing disappeared for me. Maybe I'll just shoot for longer and make a mural or something .

Comment

I don't know if I have the patience for this game.

I just spent an hour and made no progress, stuck in the same ****ing little spot.

It's on the canal level, where there's some radiation "ponds" and electrical cables dangling from above. I got to one part where the ceiling collapses and blocks the path.

I must be missing something bloody obvious but I can't get out of that damn spot. I've tried stacking boxes, jumping all over, etc. All I managed to do was get stuck a few times, forcing me to load again, and become really frustrated with the lacking response from the jump command sometimes. I've also been annoyed by the "jerky" screen when on top of some boxes.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

fps noob i guess..
                      Hell this isn't a puzzle game right!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It's on the canal level, where there's some radiation "ponds" and electrical cables dangling from above. I got to one part where the ceiling collapses and blocks the path.
                        Hmm... trying to remember the part, but I might need some more specifics. There were a few parts in the canals where there were some grates that could be smashed out or tunnels behind boxes that I missed completely for a while.

And if you're waiting for action, trust me, once you get to Ravenholme, there'll be more than enough...
                        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

The electic wire can be pushed so it's swinging (if it isn't already. Walk past it, then crouch through the electrified container. That part should be quick to do.

Comment

All those simple console games have spoilt you Asher. :stir:

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              The electic wire can be pushed so it's swinging (if it isn't already. Walk past it, then crouch through the electrified container. That part should be quick to do.
                              You can also go to the left, and avoid the wire altogether. That's what I was doing, and then got to the part where the bridge collapsed almost on top of me.

Comment

Bustamike: How good is the plot? Has there been any real surprises so far, or has it been just a typical, predictable half-futuristic POS (like, for example, FarCry was)?

Comment

Working...
                                X