No announcement yet.

Half-Life 2 is out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I've played for about 45 minutes and I have to say I'm underimpressed. It took a half hour before I got to shoot anything. The game looks amazing, but is slow moving so far. I've only gotten to use the 9mm pistol against civil defense guys, but the action looks good. I can't wait to get some real weapons. I'd say this is about the same as Doom3; although you can pick up stuff and throw it around, so that's cool.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This game isn't even comparable to Doom3. That's like comparing a Benz to a Yugo. Well, maybe Doom3 isn't that bad, how 'bout a Kia.

At the beginning of the game, I picked up a doll and put it on one end of a see-saw. I then stacked up some bricks and jumped onto the other end lauching the doll in the air . That's cool.

The graphics are superb, the sound is amazing. Every type of material had the correct sound associated with it. Bricks sound like bricks, metal sounds like metal, etc. I'm gonna get back to playing now...
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Steam is SUCH a ****ing piece of ****.

This is the LAST time I buy a PC game, honestly.

I've had the game installed now for an hour. It took me half an hour before I could even create a Steam account, and even then it was glitchy -- it said it couldn't create my account, but at the same time said Congratulations, my account was created...

I then try to log in (for the past half-hour now), and the connection constantly times out and won't let me on.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm getting the same damn problems.
          be free

Comment

That sucks guys. I haven't had any problems at all yet (crosses fingers). It is pretty freakin' awesome when you get to play, but it is kind of weird having to load up steam to launch the game. I don't even get a start menu shortcut or anything. It's weird.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Eeeep! Forgive my ignorance, what is this steam?
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Well, I'm installing it right now, but from what I hear, I'm unfortunately not planning on being able to play it for a while due to Steam

Sounds like an amazing game with a terrible registration implimentation. With any luck, at least this will teach other companies not to ever do this again.
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

This is ****ing ridiculous.

Here we are, 7 hours after I installed the game, and I've finally been able to create an account and log in.

Only, now I can't launch the frickin game. "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

For **** sakes, ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

This should not have to have ANYTHING to do with your ****ing overloaded, ****tyass STEAM servers. I've unlocked the game, even.

PC games are really starting to piss me off.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well perhaps you should blame pirates and hackers who have forced game companies to use systems like this.

If people stopped stealing games, these sort of security measures wouldn't be necessary.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The beauty of it is I stole this game, I'd be playing right now with the cracked version.

The people getting screwed are the paying customers. They'll drive more people to piracy if they screw us around like this.

Comment

Ahhhhh, the charms of PC gaming... I just got Halo 2, I popped it in my Xbox and, guess what, it worked! That said, I'm pretty sure Asher will pardon Valve everything when he actually starts playing the game. HL2 looks like a lota fun!
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I got in the game now. It looks pretty.

Unfortunately the sound is "choppy". Sound effects randomly loop about half a dozen times, especially during dialog...

No wonder console gaming is burying PC gaming.

Comment

Played it for a couple hours. Very nice looking, especially the facial models. And extraordinarly cool physics, which can exploited pretty intuitively.

Most of my sound problems (albeit not all of them) went away when I toned down the texture detail to medium.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                              I think your only seeing what you want to see
                              You really have no idea what you're talking about here Tass. My install didn't even come with a CD.

-----------------------------------------

Asher, I have noticed the sound choppiness once or twice also. It happened a few times at the beginning of the game, but I haven't had it happen again. It's just the game loading part of an area as far as I can tell.

I just got to Ravensomethingorother City. This game is the first game I have played in a very long time that has made me say HOLY ****!

Spoiler:
                              The boss helicopter just before you reach Black Mesa East is crazy. It drops something like 50 bombs at once. The robot dog at Black Mesa East is kickass also.

Aside from the fact that Steam sucks, this game has to be game of the year on any platform, unquestionably.

Comment

No wonder console gaming is burying PC gaming.
                                You and I both know that this is because one, consoles are cheaper, and two, the average person is not competent enough to use a computer properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X