FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Edit: Though if someone with the patience to help me with this for next game would help me with the modifiers it would be appreciated.

I don't know how:

Whoha: 30FF, 30TF, OOB: TTF-FLL, back off, bunch together
    Sparrowhawk: 5LT, 2LB, 2FB, 2TB, OOB: LFL-TFT, close in, normal

becomes:

120T – 62L – Sparrowhawk takes 58 hits
    60T – 12F – Sparrowhawk takes 48 hits
    60F – 124L – Whoha takes 64 hits

I think it is all basic math, x2, add all the BPs together and such...but I am lost somewhere
    Sure.

5LT = 50L, 2LB = 12L, 2FB = 12F, 2TB = 12T, total 62L, 12F and 12T

30FF = 60F, 30TF = 60T

60T - 62L - torpedoes beat lasers => Tx2 <=> 120T - 62L

60T - 12F - figters beat torpedoes, but Whoha bunched so fighters receive x0.5, so no modification

60F - 62L - lasers beat fighters => Lx2 <=> 60F - 124L

Comment

and my close in was cancelled out by his back off....okay, I think I got it

Thanks for the help!....though its for next game

/me

I figured I would try out either Galactic Overlord or Gladiator, and by the results of the poll I thought GO was the way to GO, but maybe I would have had more luck with Gladiator? Either way, well met Whoha
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Must be bunch/spread confusion.

should be
        60 T - 31 L SH takes 29
        60 T - 6 F SH takes 58
        30 F - 62 L WH takes 32

Whoha loses 16 FF, Sparrow takes 87 hits, gets destroyed anyway.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I think not. I believe my calculation was right.

60T - 62L base equals 120T - 62L modified (torps beat lasers)
          60T - 12F base - fighters beat torps, but Whoha bunched thus reducing fighters to 1/2
          60F - 62L base - lasers beat fighters, so they are doubled to 60F - 124L modified

Comment

I figured I would try out either Galactic Overlord or Gladiator, and by the results of the poll I thought GO was the way to GO, but maybe I would have had more luck with Gladiator? Either way, well met Whoha
            Whoha always preys on builders.

Just build some fleet next time and you'll be fine
            Last edited by Ljube; September 29, 2004, 19:42.

Comment

Yes, I knew I was taking a chance there, and when I saw what Kuciwalker was doing was fairly sure that I wouldn't be the first target.....he looked more ripe for the picking then I was I thought.
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

So why didn't you pick him?

Comment

LL: The problem with your calculations is that you doubled all of the firepower figures for both sides; for instance, 5LT and 2LB is 31L, not 62, and 30TF is 30T, not 60.

Comment

LOL, attack wasn't on my mind ......

Early Builders = Later Attackers

In hindsight maybe I should have built a sheild on round 1 used it on round 2 in order to have another round to build up....maybe

Comment

You are absolutely right. I'll correct the results accordingly. It's simple enough

Comment

I should have 36 BP.

Comment

LOL, attack wasn't on my mind ......

Early Builders = Later Attackers

In hindsight maybe I should have built a sheild on round 1 used it on round 2 in order to have another round to build up....maybe
                          That's what builders usually do. Raise shields. But it isn't very effective, believe me.

Comment

You messed up the calculations:

5LT = 25L
                            2LB = 6l
                            2FB = 6F
                            2TB = 6T

so hes at 31L 6F 6T
                            and im at 0l 30F and 30T

the fight goes

60T vs 31L, Sparrow takes 29 hits. (T > L so 30*2 vs 31, back off and close in)
                            30T vs 6F, sparrow takes takes 24 hits. (F > T but i'm bunched up)
                            30F vs 62L, I take 32 hits
                            Sparrow 53 hp worth of stuff:
                            29 HP to fleet, smallest ships damaged first I think, so the 2LB are gone,1LT is gone, and 7 damage is done to another titan.
                            24 hp to fleet, 2FB are gone, 12 damage to L and 12 damage to T, 1 TB gone, damaged titan gone, another titan damaged to 1hp remaining.
                            I lose 16 FF.

if losses are after every group of three then im

14F vs 3T becomes 28F vs 6T(bunched together, F > T) 22 damage to Sparrow
                            0L vs 0F
                            0L vs 3T becomes 0 vs 12, so I lose 6 frigates, say 3T and 3F.

then I'm at 27TF and 11FF, and hes at 3LT(1 at 1 hp), 1TB

27T vs 15L becomes 54T vs 15L or 39 damage to sparrow.
                            27T vs 0F, 27 damage to sparrow.
                            11F vs 15L becomes 11 vs 30, 19 damage to me.

sparrow loses his remaining fleet, and I lose 9 of my 11FF with 1 damaged at 1hp remaining.

so I'm at 27TF, 2FF(1 damaged).

Comment

and sent.

Comment

I did mess up, but not that much. I just multiplied everything by two. Corrected now, check my post on the previous page.

Comment

Working...
                                X