No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joncha moments. Similar to LJ hours, etc.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

If there was no post in between the announcement and its fulfillment, it counts as a moment.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

No, those count as a +1.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I expected more diversity and was very disappointed when almost everyone sent the same pre-build orders.
          Well, when you give out enough BPs to let people do everything at the same time, it's not surprising that they choose to.

Anyway, just follow the queue...

Comment

Base points SpENT
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I have everyone's orders now. I'll process them in a couple of hours.

And what a processing it will be...

This turn one is on pair with turn 1 in GO 2

Comment

\me Sent.

Comment

I've just noticed I made a mistake with DrSpike's pre-build.

He built 4 laser battleships, not 4 carrier battleships.

Corrected now, but it won't influence the processing of the turn one at all.

Comment

Yeah - they still all die under the onslaught of my ships!

Comment

Sent a slight modification to my orders. Nothing consequential, methinks, but anyway.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Modification accepted as it doesn't influence the outcome.

Comment

Somehow I don't like the sound of that

Comment

Turn 1 - The alliance strikes again

“Long range scanner have begun tracking a known warp signature, my Lord”, a lieutenant reported to DrSpike. “It is your old nemesis joncha”.
                            “Joncha here?” DrSpike was surprised. “But how?”
                            He paused for a few seconds rethinking the possibilities.
                            “He must have gone through the same wormhole. I thought him dead, but he must have escaped with his ally Kassiopeia. Yes, Kassiopeia ran away from my victorious fleet. It was rumoured he went to some place far away. I never considered he took joncha along.”
                            “Yes, my Overlord, and to confirm this, we’re also picking up Kassiopeia’s warp signature. Their estimated combined fleet outnumbers ours almost two to one. What are we going to do?” the lieutenant despaired.
                            “We’re going to do exactly what they did. If they sent their entire fleet on us, we’re going with all we’ve got on them. Set course for joncha’s bases!”

Battle No. 1: Kassiopeia and Joncha attack DrSpike
                            Kassiopeia: 1FD, 1TD, 2LD, 2TB, 2FB, 2LB, OoB: LFT-LFT
                            joncha: 3LD, 3TD, 2FD, 1FC, OoB: LFT-LFT
                            Allied total: 4TD, 5LD, 3FD, 2TB, 2FB, 2LB, 1FC, OoB: LFT-LFT
                            DrSpike: 1LB, OoB FFT-LTL

DrSpike’s lone laser battleship is destroyed and the allies gain control of DrSpike’s bases. Since they failed to agree who gains the odd base, joncha gets it because he sent his orders first.

“Damn it”, joncha was furious. “Only one laser battleship and no trace of DrSpike. Where can he be?”
                            Joncha decided to check on the status of his home bases.
                            “Joncha calling jonchastan! Joncha calling jonchastan! Do you read me?”
                            “My Lord! It’s terrible!” replied a desperate voice of joncha’s deputy. “He’s killing everyone! We’re all gonna die!!!! Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!”
                            “Who?”
                            No reply.

Battle No. 2: DrSpike attacks joncha.

DrSpike’s fleet of 8 laser, 3 carrier and 3 torpedo battleships took joncha’s bases without any opposition. Then they killed all joncha’s people.

“DrSpike, we’re picking up a huge armada very near former joncha’s bases”, reported the same lieutenant.
                            “Could it be joncha trying to reclaim his bases?”
                            “No Sir. The warp signature is unknown. They are coming out of warp now!”

It was Whoha’s fleet consisting of 22 torpedo and 22 carrier frigates sent to destroy joncha. But they met DrSpike there. Lacking orders to attack him, they turned around and left DrSpike alone.

A very prosperous and peaceful nation of builders exists in this alpha quadrant. They are called the ducks and their wise leader is called the Sitting Duck. For centuries they were developing pacifistically, ignoring the military development completely.

But Overlord Jamski arriving in his flagship laser cruiser “Pookie” ended this era of untold prosperity and opened a duck season. Soon the Sitting Duck and all other ducks were exterminated.

Duke o’ york is eliminated. Jamski takes control of all his bases.

Code:
                            Galactic Overlord

Player Name Bases BPs TotalShips Frigates(1) Cruisers(2) Battleships(3) Dreadnaughts(4) Titans(5)
                            Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp
                            Skanky Burns 4 20 10 - 1 1 - - - - - - - 4 4 - - -
                            joncha (2) 4 9 - - - - 1 - - - - 3 2 3 - - -
                            Jamski 4(5) 30 9 - - - Pookie - - - - - 2 3 3 - - -
                            DrSpike (4) 8 14 - - - - - - 8 3 3 - - - - - -
                            Sparrowhawk 5 25 6 - - - - - - 2 2 2 - - - - - -
                            Kassiopeia 4(1) 22 10 - - - - - - 2 2 2 2 1 1 - - -
                            Spaced Cowboy 4 22 8 - - - - - - - - - - 4 4 - - -
                            :) Smiley 4 20 10 2 - - - - - - - - - 4 4 - - -
                            GeneralTacticus 5 25 18 6 6 6 - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Whoha 3 16 44 - 22 22 - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Kuciwalker 6 32 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

Damn! Kuci and I both started with the Skanky Burns gambit, but I'm the only one to suffer!
                              This game is going to be very interesting, and I wonder who will be willing to ally with Spikey?

Comment

We will chase him around the moons of Nibia and around the Antares
                                Maelstrom and through the flames of perdition before we give up!

Comment

Working...
                                X