tes 4 approaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Yup... I don't use exploits as I'm an honest gamer. I've never taken advantage of bugs that let you kill anyone easily or similar stuff. I did, however, at first use all the non-bugged opportunities presented to me or that I found (as a true strategy gamer, hehe). The result - at level 10, I was very rich, took whatever and whenever I pleased, and was generally tough. By level 20, I was almost a god.
    I hardly use any exploits. But I did finally figure out how to get +5's on level up . I didn't look at any guids or whatever (or the rules for that matter ). So I did powergame that part of maxing out my character build.

And I did have to take advantage of the AI weakness to get rid of that umbra guy.

Other things I don't consider exploits. Like using ranged weapons/spells from the top of a platform. If the enemy can't use ranged weapons/spells, that's their problem

Comment

And I did have to take advantage of the AI weakness to get rid of that umbra guy.

That stuff I never did. I either used my weapons and items to the best of my ability till I won, or postponed the fight till later. In Tribunal, I once restored to a save some two hours earlier (though I typically save often and don't have to replay more than a few minutes) because there was this fight I just didn't manage to win anyway.

Other things I don't consider exploits. Like using ranged weapons/spells from the top of a platform. If the enemy can't use ranged weapons/spells, that's their problem

It's a fine line for me. I will use ranged weapons against an enemy if the enemy can get to my position and hack away at me. But I won't attack from positions where they can't reach me - such as jumping on top of boxes where you're invulnerable.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Just official....

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion! In October, tons of new info in a 12-page feauture.
        which we have to wait for in europe I'm not even sure if i've seen that magazine here - the 'game informer' ?

Oh and just to add they say on the site elderscrolls , that people are not allowed to scan the article and put it on the net. Still its on its way and they will give us the info as soon as they can

hmm.....it says on the front page of the magazine - xbox2/Playstation3/PC , looks like i might have lucked out with my humble xbox then
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Meh, people aren't allowed to put scans on their official forums. Subscribers will have the magazine any day, and scans will be out there in hours.

Comment

You'll want a next gen console anyways. Not a big deal.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

You'll want a next gen console anyways. Not a big deal.

At least I will not be buying a console .

Comment

But you'll miss out on Madden. And come on, if Lithuania can beat the US in basketball, Latvia needs to pull out ahead in football.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Madden has pretty good ports to the PC lately. Much better than 2002 era. At least that's what I've heard from reviews. I think 2001 is the last year I bought.

Comment

i'll post a link to the scans when i find them. probably someone will beat me to it though. i think it's stupid the way bethesda didn't release any info at all though. i am sure many fanboys are quite pissed at being led on. supposedly a 12 page spread in game informer(largest magazine at 2 million+, when did this happen?) is the equivilant to 100k in ads so i understand why they did it.

btw, here is the only known scan so far(it's at www.elderscrolls.com ). the magazine is due around sept. 23rd so it'll be a while for the rest.
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I posted a link on the other TES4 thread that gives information on the game from some people who supposdly read the article.
                      "

Comment

Working...
                      X