FG: Society IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay all orders are in but no update today as it was a crazy day for me

Once again I am sorry (but glad I am almost done GMing, it is very time consuming), I will definitely post the update Friday either late afternoon or evening.

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• 1950 AD

1950 AD
      Turn #11

Spies sent back to school, unable to complete missions
      The Dudes gave up on spy activity while The Land of joined in the fun and displayed the awesome power of the Trojan Horse...by having it's spy go to a meeting with a Paragon of Empire spy, with both Spy leaving the meeting with an agreement on working together on future space projects rather then their current occupation which has been criticized worldwide

Trade Regionalized as World War Imminent
      Code:
      From	                Cost	Revenue	To            Revenue
      Smiley (15 caravans)	450	6750	Jonny  		6750

Spaced (13 caravans)	364	5070	Whoha     	3802

Jonny (15 Caravans)     450	6750	Smiley		6750

Whoha (15 Caravans)	420	4388	Jonny		6750
      Science Race now complete all Empires offer early retirement to Scientists
      The Dudes catch up with the rest of the world with the development of The Laser and Fussion Power.

Space Race Reaches Climax
      The Paragon of City built the engine of their Spaceship using not only the conventional iron metal and cold hard steel that they had been using, but rather gold and platinum were used as decorative coatings of each of the parts used. The people of the Paragon of City marveled at this great creation of their land. It was said that a glow appeared on each of the faces of the residents of the city when discussing this accomplishment, a greenish glow in fact. The Land of could only look on in envy (though not so green envy) as they too put considerable resources into their spaceship, but were unable to match the sheer glory of the Paragon ship and settled for construction of a smaller, more economical engine which they feared would never have the opportunity to launch.

As the launch day approached, and with construction complete, the Paragon of City celebrated by launching 8 new SDI satellites to join their existing SDI satellite in the sky.

Launch day arrived, and the countdown was started...

Most Evil Empire (tm) and The Dudes turn to for Military entertainment
      The Most Evil Empire (tm) sent their army on a suicide mission today, attacking the much larger army of and losing 32 armies in the process. The did not lose either city or army in the battle.

The Dudes, having eliminated their southern neighbours turned their massive armies, adding an additional 576 new armies to the force and focusing the majority of their forces on the Land of . The sneak attack was decisive, and resulted in the route of all the cities bordering the lands between and The Dudes being claimed by the Dudes. Losses we heavy on both sides with the Land of losing 285 armies to The Dudes 32 armies.

Paragon of City residents look to the stars
      Simulaneously with their Military assault, the Most Evil Empire (tm) sent missile after missile at the Paragon SDI Satellites, watching with growing anguish as their missiles were destroyed by the protection of the Paragon Satellites with 9 Nuclear Missiles in total being shot down from the sky.

The citizens of Paragon thought the fireworks display in the sky above was part of their celebration, and continued the countdown...........

3..and before it could register in their minds, the unthinkable happened when an additional 2 missiles from the Most Evil Empire (tm) fell upon their remaining city, destroying not only their great golden hope of a spaceship, but the only city remaining in their empire...little remained of Wherehasitgone, the shattered remnants a chilling reminder of what was once a powerful empire.......until a Nuclear Missile arrived from The Land of and destroyed those very remnants too.....unaffected by the SDI Missiles which remained in the sky, this missile hit unerringly in the center of what was once the Paragon of City, doing little damage to anything but the pride of whatever Gods looked down upon the Paragon.

Pleased with themselves and their small spaceship, the Land of launched without countdown (fearing a similar result as had befallen their neighbours) and successfully landed their colonists on a distant planet forever leaving the torn planet behind.

Code:
      Society Cities Tech Army Nukes/SDI SS Parts Gold
      Spaced Cowboy - Republic 46 15 1320 0/0 0 9637
      :) Smiley - Republic 8 15 190 0/13 3 7760
      Whoha - Monarchy 13 15 97 0/0 0 5473
      Wonders of the World
      The Smiles High Tower of The Dudes(E2)
      The Cubic Colosseum (B7) of The Dudes
      The Dudes Trojan Horse of (E3)
      The Cubium Acropolis (C7) of The Dudes
      The Silk Path to The Dudes of Ljubium (B9)
      The of Jihad Dudes (E4)
      The Mafia of Paragon of Empire (H2)
      The Trans-siberian Railroad of (F1)
      The NRA of the Paragon of Empire (H3)
      The Dudes University of California in Ljubium (A9)
      Nascar (F3)
      KGB Dudes of Ljubium (A8)
      Majestic 12 of (F2)
      The Dudes Galactic Overlord of Ljubium (c9)

Wars
      The Most Evil Empire (tm) vs. The Land of
      The Dudes vs The Land of
      [/QUOTE]

The End....well played all!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; September 18, 2004, 01:01.
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Here is a compilation of the Maps, for anyone interested in seeing how the game progressed...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Damnit Jonny, you were supposed to nuke the crap out of Smiley in retaliation...grrrr.

This counter-spy thing kind of sucks...there is no way to stop someone from building the ss.

Does make for a quicker game.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
            This counter-spy thing kind of sucks...there is no way to stop someone from building the ss.
            Agreed, not a single spy had a successful mission this game (and while defensive spies were my idea, let me be the first to agree that it was a bad idea). But what do we do differently? The previous game spies were too powerful, this game they were almost useless (Whoha for instance didn't even bother using a single spy and it didn't make a difference for him).

But as for strategy, one of the things about this game that surprized me the most is that you (Spaced) didn't declare war on Smiley on the turn that you wiped out Ljube. Had you done so and if Smiley did everything exactly the same, you could have wiped Smiley out this turn (though I think if you had declared war Smiley probably would have built more armies or something....but it would have been a lot easier for you to stop his spaceship construction.

By the time anyone declared War on (both Spaced and Whoha attacked Smiley this turn) it was too late to stop them.

Still a good game by all.

/me

Comment

• Damn, I forgot about declare war....Crizzleap!
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I see you are having fun here. I'd subscribe but the rules are too complicated : )
                money sqrt evil;
                My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

• You could give the next one a whirl anyway muxec, the first couple rounds are pretty simple (you start with 6 gold, so you can only do a couple things...build a city, or research a tech, or maybe try for the first of the wonders) and by the time the first couple rounds are over and it starts to get more complicated, you will have picked up on the ruleset I am sure. Whoha played his first game this time and did quite well. And the GM and other players are sure to help out if you need it.

/me

Comment

• Victory!

Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Jonny is going to hold a grudge over this isn't he

Comment

• He shouldn't, while you were the one to actually take him out of the game, if you hadn't, Smiley would have.

(besides, he won last game...good that he lost this one )

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                          He shouldn't, while you were the one to actually take him out of the game, if you hadn't, Smiley would have.

(besides, he won last game...good that he lost this one )
                          So Smiley fired nukes at me as well?

Just curious, how many nukes in all were fired at me in that last turn? I wonder if it could have been possible for me to win at all, if I had bought a few more SDI...

Comment

• 11 Nukes from Whoha (9 of which were taken out by your SDI, 2 of which destroyed your city)...after that 1 Nuke from Smiley (who had Majestic 12 which means that Nuke would have hit even if Whoha hadn't fired a single nuke).

Comment

• Any volunteers to GM the next Society and start the new sign up thread?

Comment

• We also need to discuss some of the rules, such as spies and nuclear wastelands.
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X