Gaming Cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chest of goods(gifts)?
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Spereasy = supereasy boss - u

And the alcohol I sell is mostly legal, thankyou very much.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I still have no idea what Zero is on.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

spam

Comment

Since when were cruisers CG, I thought they were CA's.

But while we're on the topic of ship classes...

the creation of ever larger ship sizes beyond Battleship. This especially goes for space combat.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Space combat - the fact that all of it seems to happen in atmosphere. They can't even obey friggin newtonian physics?

Comment

I think Zero was referring to console RPGs... i.e., unlock a CG cut-scene. We can all thank Square for that trend
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Radar in FPS. I mean, huh? WTF?

Comment

ZargonX, you're either a genius, someone who plays too many computer games, or both. Thank you for your insight in being the only person who could work out what the hell Zero was on about.

Comment

Unable to skip cutscenes.

Especially in anime consoles... one lasted 15 minutes. I left the room ate dinner, came back and it was still on!

*Shooters where you can shoot the guy next to a monster and the other monster still doesn't notice.

*Walking into a room, getting hurt, running out, healing, running in and repeating the process (Baldur's Gate/ Icewind Dale games) ... the enemies don't follow through doors! And they don't hear people less than one screen away!
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                        I think Zero was referring to console RPGs... i.e., unlock a CG cut-scene. We can all thank Square for that trend
                        not just console rpgs... like MGS2 is notorious for having rediculous amounts of CGs and barely any gameplay... for ex
                        :-p

Comment

...think of it as a movie
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

thats my point. single player games have become an interactive movie. and just that.
                            :-p

Comment

wrt that... all the more recent Bond game have been kinda funny. They have just as much plot as the movies (hell, I'd think they WERE based on a movie if I didn't know they weren't) and only a tad more action. I don't know what that says more about, the games or the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                                Since when were cruisers CG, I thought they were CA's.

But while we're on the topic of ship classes...

the creation of ever larger ship sizes beyond Battleship. This especially goes for space combat.
                                CG's are guided missile cruisers. CA's were heavy ("armoured") crusier, CL's were light cruisers.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X