No announcement yet.

Gaming Cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PS2 version of the Sims is not only multiplayer, but competitive multiplayer.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• How's that work?

Comment

• It's just an old copy of Mortal Combat with big green diamonds over the players' heads.

Comment

• You have set tasks to do (get as many friends as possible, clean a room, etc) and you both control one character. Whoever completes the task better in the set time-limit wins.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• meh

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              Play the Sims.........everyone's a winner! What's the point of that? I can't pwn you.

:stir:

I see that you attempted to take my role of trolling other game forums with MP competitive talks while I was away.... excellent.
              :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                You have set tasks to do (get as many friends as possible, clean a room, etc) and you both control one character. Whoever completes the task better in the set time-limit wins.
                can you interact with ur rival in this new Sims MP? Like messing with his alarm clock to make him late for work, making a mess in his room so he has to spend time cleaning it, insult him so that his social meter goes down if he can't make a proper comeback.... Just watching two guys play the game independently and stacking up scores to see who wins is kinda lame.

Adding competitive multiplayer games are fine, but I find Multiplay games such as bowling for example, boring cause theres no interaction between the rivalry...

Well I guess I can try throwing shoes at my friend the next time we go bowling. That should be interesting.

Comment

• To be honest I only played two rounds of the game ever. I'm not seeing that girl anymore so its not like I'll be playing it again soon to check either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    You have set tasks to do (get as many friends as possible, clean a room, etc) and you both control one character. Whoever completes the task better in the set time-limit wins.
                    Sounds. Fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero

I see that you attempted to take my role of trolling other game forums with MP competitive talks while I was away.... excellent.
                      Let's not confuse my incisive wit with your amateur efforts please.

Comment

can you interact with ur rival in this new Sims MP? Like messing with his alarm clock to make him late for work, making a mess in his room so he has to spend time cleaning it, insult him so that his social meter goes down if he can't make a proper comeback.... Just watching two guys play the game independently and stacking up scores to see who wins is kinda lame.

Adding competitive multiplayer games are fine, but I find Multiplay games such as bowling for example, boring cause theres no interaction between the rivalry...

Well I guess I can try throwing shoes at my friend the next time we go bowling. That should be interesting.

Mmmm. Bowling. Or golf. or track and field. or Speed skating or figure skating. Or skiing. Or gymnastics. Or archery. Or target shooting.

Not to mention trying to get the earliest possible launch in Civ2, once one of the more intense competitions on Poly.

Amazing how much competitiveness is tossed out with this standard. There are plenty of ways to be competitive, I guess.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Sounds. Fascinating.
                          I didn't say it was great. I merely stated that it existed. Much like your oft-mentioned wit.

Comment

This in my opinion, is what seperates sports from athletics.

In sports like football, tennis, baseball, and whatnot, each team has an opportunity to screw with the other team. In strict athletic competitions, like sprinting, or the shot put or whatever, it's simply people competing with their own natural physical limitations.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                              that reminds me. Has anyone ever beaten Impossible: Mission? That game did seem impossible to me.
                              I think I'm on my way to doing so.

In order to add more time to your game, you have to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Also, playing the keyboard is a good way to get stuff like snoozes. Just sequence the tones from low to high.

I never had a manual for that game. Only now am I making any kind of progress. lol.

In Reply to Game Cliches:

FPS: Being able to "run" while at 1% health. lol.

RPG: "This is immensely important to me and without it I will certainly die. Of course I'm perfectly healthy and able to move. Please take this note next door and save my life or I will die!"

STRATEGY: Gas? We don't need no stinkin gas! Logistics (the most important aspect of warfare) is rarely addressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch

This in my opinion, is what seperates sports from athletics.

In sports like football, tennis, baseball, and whatnot, each team has an opportunity to screw with the other team. In strict athletic competitions, like sprinting, or the shot put or whatever, it's simply people competing with their own natural physical limitations.
                                I 100% agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X