No announcement yet.

the craziest thing I ever saw........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was just, awesome. What better way to shut someone up.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

Note the word involves.
      right.. we'll leave what the definition of sports IS. I want to make a thread about it later.

Going back, so you think men watching sports and getting excited is perfectly normal..... but anything that isnt sports is stupid and embarassing? Is watching an incredible good chess matchup and getting excited abnormal? how about watching Johnny Chan win World Series of Poker?? Because clearly to you those dont fall under the definition of sports. So I guess I should be embarassed when i get a little carried away watching others play hold em'.....
      :-p

Comment

if Poker can be shown on ESPN, then there is nothing wrong with this.

The only reason people don't support this is because computer games are still seen as a computer geek activity, and by definitions geeks don't do sports. Computer games still are not seen as cool (though console games are somewhat more cool)

Comment

A pity I can't really relate to the guy's achievement, never having played this particular game.

Looked like everyone had a great evening..who cared about the rest.
          When a crowd goes (simult) wild like they did, you know something special must have happened.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Holy crap!
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

That's awesome!

It looks like a really stupid game, though.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

civ3 is not mindless!

Do we need to start another thread?

Comment

Seems cool, but I can't relate to it much.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

well poly doesnt have alot of fighter fans (i think only person that plays it regulary is bustamike... and he plays tekken...) so I will explain a bit more in detail.

First reading my first explanation would give you an idea of just how cool the comeback was.

Everytime the blonde hair guy is flashing while doing the blocking animation, he is "parrying" the attack. Parrying requires precis timing.

when the camera zooms into a girl, she was unleashing her super attack. each attack does damage, and when blocked does very small block damage. Considering he had no health left, if he just blocked it, he would have died. But he countered it by parrying it.... Each individual hits were parried..... her super kick attack does 17 hits... he parried all 17 of them.

The last one he jumped and parried it in midair, but to appreciate that requires you to know what parry baiting is, and that gets a bit complex....

Basically, it took an incredible amount of skill in precision timing and reading the mind of an opponent to be able to come from near death VS almost perfect health round..... That alone is kinda cool.

Comment

so you think men watching sports and getting excited is perfectly normal..... but anything that isnt sports is stupid and embarassing?
                      I never said it was stupid.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

whatever, funny and embarassing. dont nitpick.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

If you want. It'll just give me another oppritunity to show how much SMACX is better than Civ3.
                          omg haxor l337 pwnzed

Comment

Hey, I don't exclusively play Tekken. I won a couple of Marvel vs. Capcom tournaments at the local golfland back in the day . Free tokens, hooray!
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I don't do fighter games, but that was awesome
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Zero, what you didn't mention is the importance of the jump before the last hit (in my opinion the most impressive part of the whole thing). The jump to parry enabled him to land a jumping hit, which is a great thing to start a combo with, in this case to a super move.

Comment

Working...
                                X