• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the craziest thing I ever saw........

O
    M
    G
    :-p

For those on 56k its 12mb and probably not worth the download, although it is funny/embarrassing to see lots of men get excited by watching people compete at a computer game (some street fighter spinoff). I wonder what it would look like to see someone compete in a big hall at a 1v1 civ game, probably be more muted with the slow progress of invading a continent and the older gamers. More of a mead and nibblets afternoon, than a chips and cider night.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Here's a lil explanation on whats going on....

Evolution 2004... the biggest tourney in US every year. Matchup for semi-finals is Daigo vs Justin. Supposedly Justin disrespected Daigo and rubbed him off the wrong way. This one mean japanese guy wants to school him badly to put him in place.....

You are watching the final round of the first set.... Daigo's been slow playing the game and whoever wins that final round takes the set. Justin pummels Daigo initially, but Daigo's been kinda sandbagging the whole time. And the video capture is the last 60 second of that round... where daigo decides to take justin on full force with less than 10% health left, while justin has almost 100%.

The most amazing part is when he has near zero health... even a small block damage can kill him. He plays so well that he doesn't ever get hit or takes block damage... then justin decides to end it all by using a super and trying to get a chip damage out of him....

bad mistake.

what daigo does is parry 14x, jump, midair parry, jumping combosetup, pull a nasty damaging combo, cancel into super attack finisher......

Crowd goes wild.

All this defensive play and counter when he had zero health left.... where even the slightest mistake could have ended it all....

WOW

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
        although it is funny/embarrassing to see lots of men get excited by watching people compete at a computer game .
        right, and i suppose men getting excited by watching sports is stupid too....

Comment

Theres a difference between people watching other people move their thumbs and look at a tv, and people watching other people pushing their whole mind and body to the limit. I respect pro gamers but they arent exactly punishing themselves in the name of victory.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

It's precisely the same. Watching people kicking/hitting/throwing a ball around is utterly pointless, but very entertaining. And not all sports are about physical prowess.

Comment

And not all sports are about physical prowess.
              A "sport" involves physical exertion to me, or at least more than moving your thumbs.

Comment

I would get more excited over a championship civ3 game. Though I wouldn't cream my pants or anything. I'd rather be playing in it.

I think it might be interesting because I think I would learn from it and make my game better.

In fact, I would actually love to see how people can win on Sid level in civ3. Sure they give advice and everything in the forums. but sometimes I need to see exactly how they play the game.

Comment

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting that Zero.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Nice. I don't like fighting games but I always enjoy seeing really amazing game recordings like that.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

A "sport" involves physical exertion to me, or at least more than moving your thumbs.
                      so typical..

but if physical exertion meets the requirment for what sports is... then is work a sports too? Are construction workers athletes?

whatever.

Comment

but if physical exertion meets the requirment for what sports is
                        Note the word involves.

Comment

Here's hoping for olympic house building in the 2008 olympics.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The Sims 6

Comment

Games are being increasingly seen as a form of sport. The wheels are moving, and it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X