X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurassic Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      I like that. I watched JP way too many times as a kid. I'm already getting ideas. I'm all game with it.

Go with the book characters though

Comment

I've read the book only once, so my knowledge on the characters is more than a bit iffy. Hm.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, the differences are important. Of the top of my head...

Dr. Grant was the same.
          Dr. Satler
          Timmy was the computer nerd, who also always had "dinosaurs on the brain"
          His older sister was a sports person
          Hammond was a bad character, and died
          Muldoon was black, IIRC
          Nedry was about the same
          Wu was a much bigger character, and was a "bad" character (he died too, IIRC)
          In the movie, the lawyer was actually a merger of two characters. I'll look them up later. Both were evil, but only one died
          The vet, Dr. Hardy, was a bigger character, but about the same. I forget if he dies or not.
          Malcom was even cooler in the book (can I be him?)
          Arnold was about the same, though a bigger character (they were all bigger, of course, cuz it's a book)

That's twelve. I'm sure there are a few more that I've forgotten. We can also have technicians, the helicopter pilot(s), the captain of the ship, etc.

Comment

Adagio: No... not the thumbs down!

Ah, if you couldn't tell, I was mostly being silly, although if Kass wants to be silly as well, he's certainly free to use dinos as characters.

Kuci: Seems about right. The other bad guy was the public-relations guy in the lawyer merger... what was his name? (shuffle shuffle) Ah, here it is, Ed Regis. I don't recall Dr. Wu as being "evil" so much, by the way. He had a cute tiny elephant with a cold! Which he used to attract investors. Awww.

I don't know what they were thinking with Hammond in the movie. He was Captain Evil Capitalist in the book, caring only about making tons of money, while he was senile ol' Grandpa in the movie who only cared about giving dreams to children, or some sillyness.

Oh, and let's not forget about the random Asian cook. I forget if he or she had a name or not.

It's not appropriate for the book, but we could also stick Lews Dodgson on the island as well, the guy who hired Nedry to do the industrial espionage. Came to check up and make sure the job was done right, or something.
            All syllogisms have three parts.
            Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I was thinking of trying to set up an entirely new set of characters with some characters, shall I say, strongly inspired by the "real" ones. So you'd have the evil capitalist owner there, but he wouldn't necessarily be old, a man, or called Hammond. That sort of thing. (Of course, that means more work for me. Hmmm.)
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
                Kuci: Seems about right. The other bad guy was the public-relations guy in the lawyer merger... what was his name? (shuffle shuffle) Ah, here it is, Ed Regis. I don't recall Dr. Wu as being "evil" so much, by the way. He had a cute tiny elephant with a cold! Which he used to attract investors. Awww.

Year before last we analyzed the book in English. He's "evil" in that sense - like, he was a "bad guy" from Crichton's POV.

It's not appropriate for the book, but we could also stick Lews Dodgson on the island as well, the guy who hired Nedry to do the industrial espionage. Came to check up and make sure the job was done right, or something.

Comment

I'll sign up but only if we don't do multiple personalities.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

was thinking of trying to set up an entirely new set of characters with some characters, shall I say, strongly inspired by the "real" ones. So you'd have the evil capitalist owner there, but he wouldn't necessarily be old, a man
                    I think it would be more interesting with real characters from the books.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I'm in, if there is room.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm in, if there is room.

Comment

I think it would be more interesting with real characters from the books.
                          But I don't think I have enough knowledge of the books. If someone else, like Kuciwalker or you, wants to GM with Jurassic Park, go right ahead. Then again the knowledge supplied before probably suffices, it's not like I'm writing a novel or anything.

Comment

I could try it...

Comment

If you will, I will take your player slot. Always nice to have a new GM. Are you fine with 24 players?

So the list would then be:

1. Whoha
                              2. Spaced Cowboy
                              3. Method
                              4. Gamecube64
                              5. Jonny
                              6. rah
                              7. Ljube-ljcvetko
                              8. SnowFire
                              9. Hercules
                              10. Kuciwalker/Kassiopeia
                              11. loinburger
                              12. joncha
                              13. FlameFlash
                              14. Ben Kenobi
                              15. Skanky Burns
                              16. Duke o' york
                              17. Adagio
                              18. DrSpike
                              19. gjramsey
                              20. Tuberski
                              21. DarkCloud
                              22. Kalius

Or we could go ahead with the 22 we have now.

Comment

Let's start.

Comment

Working...
                                X