No announcement yet.

WH40K: Dawn of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the lascannon hitting the (whatever it is) that I'm thinking about. It just looks... wrong.

(And I'd always thought they'd be red.)

Comment

The one on the ork Squiggoth is red I think. But like I said... screenshots don't do the effects justice.

Oh, and I think it's hitting the ground, after missing. Or maybe the side of a chaos marine...
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If it's missing, fine. If it's hitting the marine... god, that's an ugly animation.

And I wish they'd keep the beam from passing through a friendly soldier.

Comment

Frankly, I didn't even notice the beam while I was playing.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm SO drooling about this game. I want MORE screens, please Ludd *begs*

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Did you sign up for the beta at fileplanet? They are adding people on an ongoing basis, i think. I only signed up a week or two ago.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Can you give me a link? I can't believe I missed this beta

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

For the beta: http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/dawnofwar.aspx

Here's a line up of all the Space Marine units:

In the bottom left are Marine Scouts with an attached Apothracy. Next to them are Assault Terminators (with an attached Force Commander) in the front and regular Terminators in the back, and then next to them are the Space Marines (with an attached Librarian) and behind them are the assault marines, which can fly.

The vehicles from left to right are; Whirlwind Tank, Predator, the big thing that I forget the name of, the light assault vehicle I forget the name of, a Rhino in the back and two Dreadnaughts (one a Hellfire) in the front behind the marines.

Oh, and right up in front is a Servitor.
                  Last edited by General Ludd; August 6, 2004, 18:16.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

This is all just too yummy. I may die.

-Jam

Comment

Here's a picture of a Heretic, the builders for the Chaos Marines.

I'll get a line-up of all the chaos units next.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Pah, I need to be registered to read that page

This is really dreamy for me though - I played WH40K like crazy when it was NEW

-Jam

Comment

Playing Chaos is good for your ego by the way, those heretics are such pathetic grovelers.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yes! I had an account already - downloading now

Well, waiting to download

Comment

You don't need a paid fileplanet subscription to sign up, just a regular account will do.

Here's the Chaos line up.

First, the vehicles are a Rhino Predator and Defiler, from left to right. Those Defilers are scary things.

At the far left are Possessed Marines (With an Attached Chaos Sorcerer in there somewhere) and the pink things beside them are a Horror Squad. In the center-top are the Chaos Marines (with an attached Chaos Lord - he's the guy with the scythe) below them are the Cultists, and next to them are the Raptors (which can fly). Those big guys in the back are Obliterators, and that REALLY big guy is a Bloodthirster.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                                You don't need a paid fileplanet subscription to sign up, just a regular account will do.
                                That's what I have.

~450 of 600! megs so far

Comment

Working...
                                X