No announcement yet.

Might and Magic VII help - 0 quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only 13 taverns. Sally (seashell), Ailyssa (lute) and Malwick (wand) want a price for their items. You go out to the dragonflies and have them follow you into the area where those NPC's are and let the flies kill them.

Then you get the items for free. If you are not planning on getting off the island on day 1 (a must for speed play), you can train and hit the well again for 1000 gold. This can get you some skills.

Did you find the book to open the door in Clankers?

Comment

found i had forgotten to play at the tulurean forest inn... kinda annoying that the winning items were really of little use to me (+int and personality for the thief, chainmail for the wizard etc) also kinda annoying that the book that triggered the tunnel wasn't one reachable by just pressing the space bar on every section of the bookshelf... kinda annoying that the throne room is locked since i completed malwicks deed and can't get the next dark quest....

as for the emerald isle - it's the one area i'm pretty familiar with - usually didn't let the dragonflies onto the main village cause the fighter type mobs tried to kill them and i was still trying to maximize experience - did get the items from both once that way though was curious what malwick would want... only bothered once with buying the seashell before i figured out how to fight the dragonflies... did get to where i could kill everything on the island other than the dragon on the first day spent a bit of time trying to kill the dragon too, never got him below 33% though with level 5 chars
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I think the castle will be closed for a month, not sure. I only do the arcomage when I am trying for a good score. The arco game crashes my game sometimes, so I do not play it.

Some of the loot can only be worn by certain classes and races anyway.

The best way to kill the dragon is to use the wand with a recharge scroll, if you can buy one.

I have done it with just bows though. I do that by facing the dragon and running backwards in real time while shooting non stop. If no scroll I use the wand up while the dragon kills the rats and then do the backward thing.

It is possible to detect the timing of the dragon fire and dodge it. I do that with a low level party for Wormax (not the corrct name, but close) in Tatalia. That is a huge cave and you can even shoot and run to heal or any combination.

I am putting together an html log of my dark run. It is a casual run and I just got the trumpet and finished the golem.

Using Sor/Thief/Cleric/Sor, a common party.

Comment

Ok I had no problem with the jars :
          Attached Files

Comment

Promotions worked:
            Attached Files

Comment

never thought i'd see this - was messing around killing minotaurs waiting for the throne room to open again, and my Lich (which is immune to mind attacks) was, um, affected by a mind attack

followup - Lich got put to sleep by another monster - this supposed to happen? when i cast spells at monsters with immunity - nothing happens...

ever seen an insane lich before?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SCG; August 6, 2004, 23:30.
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                Ok I had no problem with the jars :

well, good to know that i did find the right chest - just that it was completely devoid of jars...
                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by SCG
                  never thought i'd see this - was messing around killing minotaurs waiting for the throne room to open again, and my Lich (which is immune to mind attacks) was, um, affected by a mind attack

followup - Lich got put to sleep by another monster - this supposed to happen? when i cast spells at monsters with immunity - nothing happens...

ever seen an insane lich before?
                  I can' recall it by then I cast my protections spells and especially grand master body magic's protection from magic.

On the other hand I don't play with a lich all that much in MM7. In MM8 I always use necros that become liches.

Well always is not correct. I have run a few solos and special party games that did not allow Necro/Lich.

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

well, good to know that i did find the right chest - just that it was completely devoid of jars...
                    I don't know what the sequence of events are that triggers the bug, but I suspect it is getting the soul jars from the mountain before either getting the quest for the lich or completing it.

I do not go to get the jars until I become a lich, that way no bug.

Comment

seems that it is much longer than a month that the throneroom doors get locked - i've been about 3 months (i've been training my chars individually, 1 level at a time, leave the trainer, go back, train 1 char 1 level etc) and my chars are now in the mid 70's... still locked out of the throneroom... wondering if we are looking at 1 game year... trying to avoid traveling between towns the old fashioned way to kill time to avoid getting messengers from malwick since he seemed to indicate he'll want another job from me... o well - hope i don't hit a level or skill or stat limit (couple of skills pushing 30, couple of stats pushing 200) i've recompleted several challenges - gotten to reuse several barrels too - no reissued quests though
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

To tell you the truth I only have a note on the lock out. Arrest are a year.

The best thing to do if oyu took the wand is to ignore the request for payment. That brings down goblins on Harmdale. You then have to kill them all and the shops will open.

If you take the tapestry from the castle (which depends on your path), it will lock down for a month.

So I am wondering if it is not counting down the time as long as the debt is outstanding.

IOW if you did not get the stuff to the Merc Guild, they should have trigger goblins. If your shops in town are closed, check all over the region for any goblins.

I am close to getting my run finished and a walk through in html. I am starting the Maze and have most of the main line quest done.

Maze, then tunnels and those are the most painful and annoying.
                        Minor pain at the mountain of the dragon caves, mainly climbing up there and getting it started.

Since I am not concerned with the score, I won't kill all the devils in the LoG.

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

- hope i don't hit a level or skill or stat limit (couple of skills pushing 30, couple of stats pushing 200) i've recompleted several challenges - gotten to reuse several barrels too - no reissued quests though
                          I am not sure, but IIRC it is levl 40 for a skill.

No quest will reappear, barrels will reset with every respawn of the region.

The highest I ever trained was about 110. I know someone the trained to 400 in MM6. I did one solo of 180 in MM8.

Comment

when i stole the tapestry, everyone went red - and the necros start summoning undead all over the place - and with my chars, 1 well placed arrow will kill a shade. and since its kinda hard to get passed the guards right at the entrance even when invisible, i killed them. I have a really bad habit of hitting attack a little too quickly since my chars are tough enough to take a couple extra hits and i have 3 chars that can heal (including souldrinker) i tend to have a bit of collateral damage - will killing anyone else delay that time to the point of respawn?

did a test - gave my Lich 100x current experience - trainer in Celeste will stop at level 200, skills stop at 60. don't think i'm hitting those anytime soon - i'm starting to need all of the zones to repop since i learned souldrinker... not sure if it was a good idea to clean out the temple of Baa in Avlee yet as i found a note from Xenofax... Side note - only time the game has let me into the Tulurean Forest Castle Cellar (even though i can see the door) was when i was completing the Villain quest - before i got the quest, i couldn't get in. after i completed the quest i couldn't get in. Also having problems with the Ninja quest (not sure if related or not) - started trying various words as the cipher on my own (first letter of the word can only be one of 2 letters)

Edit: I can't read... figured out my problem there
                            Last edited by SCG; August 8, 2004, 10:58.
                            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

You can only enter the Elf Castle treasure room after your are on the path and have the quest. By then it is worthless for loot and barrels are not important at that stage.

Comment

I finsihed the dark path run and have a log in html form. I screwed up and wasted a lot of time by doing the Champion quest and forgetting I was going Dark. That was a loss of about 30 days. Not to mention the energy clearing the arena 5 times at Knight level.

I was able to clear the pools and find the treasure beneath them, but the bridge never worked. I guess it was due to me not having the Merc debt. I just don't remember it any more for sure.

Dark Magic is too strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X