No announcement yet.

Might and Magic VII help - 0 quest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love VI as it was the first MM for me. Anyway zip the save and post it and I will see what I can. I have to play on my old machine as 6/7/8 no longer run for me on my hyper threading box.

Comment

here's my current save - the other 3 chars are now double promoted and the wizard has a small surplus of skill points while i pondered my options - also appears that mr malwick wants something of me hense being at the mercenary guild. ignore the excess junk in the inventories too - i keep wanting to save stuff for all sorts of reasons
      Attached Files
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

To bad I did not see the save before now. I ran a little test.

Here is the level at teh bridge control room:
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the pool drained:
          Attached Files

Comment

I will load your save tomorrow and see if I can get the lich promoton. Is that what your struggling with? I normally do not bother to blast the friends at Celeste when I am Light. I did it in the first few runs, not not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              To bad I did not see the save before now. I ran a little test.

Here is the level at teh bridge control room:
              is the bridge an invisible bridge (the game does seem to have those)??? I threw that switch in there and nothing visible changed - it was more like a switch to revealing a hidden compartment rather than extending a bridge (sound is very short). I'll look through there again later. anyway since the zones seem to have respawned, heres an old save within the halls of mist
              Attached Files
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I could not get the bridge to open either. I figured it was due to some trigger missing, but who knwos what. I know it has been many years since I played dark.

I guess I will have to run a dark party next time.

I was not able to get the jars from the tunnel, they were gone. I tried to add them to the inventory, but it did not work. I flagged Alexis as having done that and it did not matter.

I even went to Castle Gloaming and the jars where not there. It looks like the only choice is to use the editor to make Alexis a Lich.

Comment

Let me mention a few things.

1) sell all the junk they are carrying. I would only have one column of blue potions. Maybe 4 to 6 moons a few empty bottles and a few stone to flesh. Store a few if you want in your chest in the castle.

2) Use the cloak of dark for anyone with dark magic.

3) dismiss the npc's. If you must have some, use those that can boost spell power or maybe a gate keeper until you get GM of water. You do not need more experience. This game can be won with very low level parties.

4) Do not put points into stealing, no need to use that skill. You will have more cash than you need most of the game.

5) Don't expert chain and leather, one or the other. You can only use one armor at a time. Don't put more than enough points to make the expert in skills like armor or shield.

6) Only put 10 points in Body magic. GM is plenty.

7) use the ore and sell the junk it yields, if anything good swap it in.

Here is a low level party:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Let me mention a few things.

1) sell all the junk they are carrying. I would only have one column of blue potions. Maybe 4 to 6 moons a few empty bottles and a few stone to flesh. Store a few if you want in your chest in the castle.
                    since i'd been going on brute force most of the game i'd been using a lot of potions, just never got out of the habit of it i guess
                    2) Use the cloak of dark for anyone with dark magic.
                    doh, forgot i had that i even discarded the cloak of light when going dark...
                    3) dismiss the npc's. If you must have some, use those that can boost spell power or maybe a gate keeper until you get GM of water. You do not need more experience. This game can be won with very low level parties.
                    went with the one for unlimited identifying with a side bonus of exp, the other i had because i had no idea what kind of characters were needed for winning the game (originally had a banker until i figured out how to trade and get my gold up) and i do have a tendancy to go for the overkill
                    4) Do not put points into stealing, no need to use that skill. You will have more cash than you need most of the game.

5) Don't expert chain and leather, one or the other. You can only use one armor at a time. Don't put more than enough points to make the expert in skills like armor or shield.

6) Only put 10 points in Body magic. GM is plenty.
                    side effect of learning the game - never really sure what skills i needed and well, as you can see with
                    my wizard as i leveled up, completed challenges, found horseshoes and used lamps, well i have a few skill points to burn besides, its kinda neat being able to heal over 100 hp in a standard heal

7) use the ore and sell the junk it yields, if anything good swap it in.
                    been doing that - the ore i have atm is what i've picked up while in tatalia
                    Here is a low level party:
                    as i learn more of what each skill does, i can certainly see how a low level party can clean up once you know where to find key items (ie i stole the riverstride plans using only invisibility - then wiped everyone out for good measure )

guess i'll edit in the 4 individual Lich jars so i can complete the quest - can't have an uncompleted quest now can I now that i've been completing everything i can find up until now maybe I'll see if i can find a max level?
                    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I tried the individual jars and it did not seem to matter. I forget the dark, but in the light side if you do not finish the 4 quest form the underboss yo do not get to see the boss for the ;ast qust before you meet the real boss.

Since the are mirrors of each other, I am sure it is the same. You should be able to use the editor to flag it as done. You can make your wizard a lich. The only thing is you do not get the experience.

Edit to add PS, I did not try empty soul jars.
                      Last edited by vmxa1; August 2, 2004, 22:01.

Comment

The thing is for body magic and healing, it is faster for you to TP or LB to a temple and heal. I use the heal spell as a touch up for small damage or in a pinch during a battle.

You can use power cure scrolls or soul drinker also to recover damage.

Comment

I tried the individual jars and it did not seem to matter. I forget the dark, but in the light side if you do not finish the 4 quest form the underboss yo do not get to see the boss for the ;ast qust before you meet the real boss.

Since the are mirrors of each other, I am sure it is the same. You should be able to use the editor to flag it as done. You can make your wizard a lich. The only thing is you do not get the experience.

Edit to add PS, I did not try empty soul jars.
                          well i used the empty soul jars (1 in each char's inventory) and it let me complete the quest... and after the debacle with that quest and the problem in the castle, I'm developing doubts as to abililty to complete other quests

With the dark we do have 3 sub-quests from the advisors before you can complete the other advisor's quest. 2 were pretty simple - retrieve the altar pieces and retreive the soul jars (yeah, that case of soul jars) - the advisor had no problem taking the case of soul jars - 3rd seems to be clanker's labratory. and there's got to be some way to get to the huge treasure trove in the SE of the map (presumably where the magical defenses are) but the only lever or button i can find only reveals hidden treasure rooms. I even ran up against every wall and even jumped up on the beds, book cases, and lab counters and fountains - jumped in the floor hole and ran up against the walls facing several different directions trying to find a trigger and I'm about ready to put dark on hold and try the light version for a while

in case you want to take a look, here's the save
                          Attached Files
                          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

The two things about Clankers Lab are the library that has abook to open the door. It can be a pain to locate, even when you have done it 15 or more times like I have.

Just look at the top shelf for a book sticking out slightly. That is what you need to click on.

The room with the well like in the center is a doorway of sorts. You need to find the buttonon the south wall and them jump down the well/pit. Be sure to have a telekinesis scroll if you have not done down stair to unlock the cells.

Comment

Yes you are correct it is only three quest from Maximus, Kastor and Dark Shade. The four advisor requires you to do them before you get his quest.

I was tinking that the main man that gives you the proving quest tells you that you need to see is 4 advisors.

I just finished VIII, so I may start VII as dark soon. I want to see if it works correctly, if you do not visit the Walls until you have the quest for Lich promotion. I am sure it worked, but it has been a long time now.

I will have to think about if I want to do a no train or speed or just a casual run. I am thinking of doing it as a casual right now, so I will train at every chance I get. Not leave Emerald until I have train to level 5.

I will get the wand without any debt by having the dragonflies kill Malwick. Same for the chick with item for the scavenger hunt.

Comment

the girl with the lute has a price to pay other than the 500?

and i never went to celeste before getting quests in the pit because the teleporter to celeste didn't seem to work before choosing a light or dark path...

anyway, putting dark on hold for a period of time, trying light after i make sure i haven't missed any taverns (i've found 13)
                                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
                                X