No announcement yet.

D0oM IiI ThErAd!1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics card is a bit light, but you'll be fine I expect on lower settings. Alternatively, stick a decent card in, and another stick of RAM and you'll be laughing.

Comment

Well, I would stick a newer card in but his is a laptop, ram stick is easier to add.
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Yep it will work though not too well.

And the news is.... DOOM3 IS OUT!!!!

Several stores in the USA sold it early, and I've just talked to some people who got it already. It's confirmed too, shots of box, and all.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

DOOM 3 Early?
          10:57 PST | Cyric
          Over the past two days there has been a lot of wondering and confusion as to if DOOM 3 will actually come out earlier than the August 3rd release date. The reason behind this is that people's online orders have changed status to processing. When GameStop stores were called yesterday by the customers, many of them reported DOOM 3 would be shipped today, July 30th. GameSpy did a little investigative work and gave GameStop's online outlet 800 number a call this morning and learned that online ship dates are still showing up as Aug. 4. As well as calling GameStop, they gave EB a call and was told that August 4th was their date but "if other outlets start selling the game early and breaking the embargo, they will also as soon as they get the game in." An Official word from GameStop could be used right about now.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

He probably didn't order online then. I hear it was Best Buy.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Official trailer:
              GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Can my system handle, here are some more benchmarks for you..

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

maybe he had a cracked copy like me.

but i dunno where he would have gootten the box and manual...
                  :-p

Comment

Ok, so I've been playing it and so far I am NOT IMPRESSED. The sound quality is terrible. Everything sounds unnecessarily compressed, muted, or just bad. Obviously, graphically it looks amazing, but everything pretty much looks the same so far, and it's damn annoying that you can't see **** most of the time w/o the flashlight.

I'm hoping the game gets better.
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Sounds pretty ****ty. I'll probably buy it anyway, even if it doesn't run very well on my comp.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

i wonder what would happen to pc games if doom 3 sold badly... anyhow, all i really care about it multiplayer so as long as that is ok i'll be happy. i just hope modders can make it so you can have more than 4 players or it'll be pretty pointless.
                        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Screenshots, including one from the last map
                          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I don't know, full review by me coming later, but I am deadly impressed so far. And sound is far better than any other I have heard previously. I like also how they made many sounds similar to their original counterparts.

I'm hard to scare by horror movies or similar stuff, but this game had me really scared a couple of times. So far, it's absolutely awesome, and no less than I expected.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ill review it in 2 or 3 years.

Althon xp2000 1.6ghz
                              512mb ram
                              128 geforce fx

I have only been playing it half-decently on 640x480 lowest detail.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

The graphics are orgasmic.

I've been playing on Very High (the step right below Ultra) in 1024x768 without issues. Can do 1280x1024, but it has some framerate hiccups which are evil.

The audio in this game is AWESOME.

It's the most immersive game I've played...

Athlon 64 3200+
                                1GB PC3200 RAM @ CAS 2
                                Radeon 9800 XT
                                SB Audigy2
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X