No announcement yet.

Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have yet to hear a convincing arguement why they should be tagged specially. Most of the games are easily identified by the title. I can't believe people are routinely opening MAFIA threads in the belief that it's something different than it is. (unless you frequent these forums so rarely that you don't know) And if that's the case, I'm not overly concerned. I care more about the regulars in the community.

If we instigated a tag rule, I know what will happen. It will fall on me to do all the extra work in terms of policeing and correcting. I have not been convinced that the problem warrents extra work for me yet.

That could change. We'll see.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How about we simply use the little triangle with an exclamation point message tag when a new forum game thread is started?

Makes it easy to identify them. And it's not used that much anyway.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        If we instigated a tag rule, I know what will happen. It will fall on me to do all the extra work in terms of policeing and correcting. I have not been convinced that the problem warrents extra work for me yet.
        That's so true. Even with the best of intentions there will be lapses, and then they'll have to be altered.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          I have yet to hear a convincing arguement why they should be tagged specially. Most of the games are easily identified by the title. I can't believe people are routinely opening MAFIA threads in the belief that it's something different than it is. (unless you frequent these forums so rarely that you don't know) And if that's the case, I'm not overly concerned. I care more about the regulars in the community.

That could change. We'll see.

Im supporting it as something VOLUNTARY, done as an act of POLITENESS. Kind of like when people use spoiler mode.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
            Im supporting it as something VOLUNTARY, done as an act of POLITENESS. Kind of like when people use spoiler mode.
            I have no problem with voluntary and personally would attempt to comply to any standard agreed upon.

But expecting politeness for all concerned might be pushing your luck.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

I have no problem with voluntary and personally would attempt to comply to any standard agreed upon.

But expecting politeness for all concerned might be pushing your luck.
              Oh, i dont disagree with you there Some of us would appreciate any effort, though.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In all honesty though, How much time have you actually wasted opening fg threads?
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  In all honesty though, How much time have you actually wasted opening fg threads?

as i said above

Some people just enjoy a forum better when its well ordered, and they can glance at it and see whats interesting. Call me OCD if you like, clutter is annoying. If I had my druthers, we would have tags for board games, console games, and PC games, and for broader gaming issues. But I wont even suggest THAT level of compulsiveness on everyone - though i just might try to lead by example.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    That just goes to show how difficult the Coxton shunting really is. Why, in 1876, when Lord Farthingworth was defending his title, he didn't let mere reality get in the way of moving to St Pauls. He wouldn't let the fact that the London Undergroud not being invented stop him from using the service.
                    Your grace perhaps did not realize he was communicating with the ex Foreign Minister of the Stuyvesant High School Rapid Transit Club, whose principle duty was writing (in that pre-email age) to various foreign consulates for info about metro systems in the countries they represented - he particularly recalls his communications with the French consulate, which not only sent him material, but invited him to the French Cultural Center on 5th Avenue in Manhattan for further research, and his communication with the embassy of what was then the Soviet Union - No, we have no information. Bye - which was followed by a visit to said high school students home by the FBI, which apparently monitored all mail to the Soviet embassy, and routinely checked out anyone in communication with them.

Comment

thread titles are fine the way it is. And if u mislead people by titling it in some way, most ppl will just reply back "oh it hotught it was X thread" and then move on.

its no big deal. waste of maybe 5-20 second of ur life. at most.
                      :-p

Comment

lotm - you went to Stuyvesant? Cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X