Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

It is much less effort to identify a forum game thread in its title, than for people like me who HATE such threads and RESENT them clogging this section, to work which is which by trial and error.

Who knows, maybe there are even forum game thread geeks who get disappointed to find a thread about actual game news?

To those who do clearly identify such threads - thanks.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

If it has a roman numeral in it, it's probably a game thread. Otherwise, deal with it.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I thought this thread would be another game forum. Instead its a community-style complaint thread.

What a waste of my time.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Please identify specific whining threads. I HATE and RESENT hearing about forum game thread hating geeks whine about forum games.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

har har har burns...

Comment

Cheers.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe all non-forum game threads should be clearly marked.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                If it has a roman numeral in it, it's probably a game thread.

"The Disease"? No they dont always have roman numerals, and of course some threads about PC games DO have roman numerals.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                  Please identify specific whining threads. I HATE and RESENT hearing about forum game thread hating geeks whine about forum games.

thats not unreasonable - a thread ABOUT the forum could be identified with a tag - I suggest (meta) or [meta].
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

Originally posted by Bkeela
                    It is much less effort to identify a forum game thread in its title, than for people like me who HATE such threads and RESENT them clogging this section, to work which is which by trial and error.

Who knows, maybe there are even forum game thread geeks who get disappointed to find a thread about actual game news?

To those who do clearly identify such threads - thanks.

Good idea - I agree.

Lets all play together nice, and respect each others preferences, shall we?

edit - and sorry for Arnelosing, but these were seperate response to seperate people.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      "The Disease"? No they dont always have roman numerals, and of course some threads about PC games DO have roman numerals.
                      Its a Tass game. I doubt it will get past round 1.
                      Most threads about computer games that have a roman numeral in them are because they are sequals, hence people have probably heard of the games prequals. Who is going to be interested in Doom III for instance if they had never heard of Doom at all?

Much ado about nothing.

edit - and sorry for Arnelosing, but these were seperate response to seperate people.

Ctrl-C
                      Ctrl-V

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Its a Tass game. I doubt it will get past round 1.
                        Most threads about computer games that have a roman numeral in them are because they are sequals, hence people have probably heard of the games prequals. Who is going to be interested in Doom III for instance if they had never heard of Doom at all?
                        There might be a game where ive never heard of the original, but might be interested in a sequel - that happens when youre interested in relatively obscure areas, like history games, TBS, etc. You see Society IV, and figure there may be some game called Society, that youve simply never heard of - maybe it was a released by a tiny shop, maybe net only, maybe shareware - but it sounds interesting (yes i know Society IV or whatever is a forum game, cause I been around here)

I just dont see what the big deal is - How hard would it be to add the tag "FG", for forum game to the title of an FG thread? Why NOT do it?

Comment

Re: Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

Originally posted by Bkeela

But the forum game geeks participate in non-forum game threads more than you ever have since I have joined.

Perhaps they spend more time playing than whining.

Comment

Re: Re: Please Identify Specific Forum Game Threads

Originally posted by DrSpike

But the forum game geeks participate in non-forum game threads more than you ever have since I have joined.

Perhaps they spend more time playing than whining.

He needs to have a minimum post count in certain threads to make a (very modest) suggestion? He didnt whine, he made a suggestion. Whats the deal. Methinks some people have a really massive "chip on their shoulder"

Comment

Actually, next game I host I will (if I remember) add the FG tag to the front of it. But it is quite a bit of effort when the only saving is to prevent people who don't want to play games in a social environment from wasting a few seconds of their time.

In other words, my gives a **** is broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X