No announcement yet.

Bethesda developing and publishing Fallout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Comment

i thought bethesda owns the "Van Buren" code now and they've released arena for free download. so you never know what could happen.
      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

No, they don't own the code. And Interplay is making Fallout Online, so..
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Fallout Online? Sweet
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Interplay is dead, how can they make anything? anyways they are a publisher, not a devloper iirc.

Comment

They are retaining the rights to make all MMO Fallout material. If someone is dumb enough to bail them out that's probably how they'll waste the next injection of cash before cancelling it to save costs
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

They have gotten injections of cash recently...through the Fallout and Freespace licenses.
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Goto:

For some more Van Buren screenshots. From what remember hearing is that Van Buren was at least 50% done ( I think even closer to 75% ). However Interplay had no money and had to cancel the project.

Comment

No, they had money, they just wanted to spend it on other things.

Comment

Like what?

Would they really cancel a game that was definetly more then 50% done in order to spend money on something else? That is a tremendous loss of money.

This second link has headline:
                      Interplay says lacks enough funds for rest of qtr
                      At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Seems to me they had no money.

Comment

Interesting screen shots.

I do look forward to fallout3 if it comes out.

But with all games, I take a wait and see approach. Even sequals you can't trust too much now days. But I'd rather see a game made, rather than no game at all. If it sucks, well then, we move on. As I've said, I think there's a 50% chance this game could be good. Now days, those are good odds.

Comment

that screenshot which suggests multiplayer is interesting... fallout would be cool in co-op mode or maybe with scenarios. perhaps even something like ctf or deathmatch might be fun but you'd have to play that in real time.
                          '
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Jeff
                            Like what?
                            Console development. They thought that they had more chance of selling more on console titles, but they overlooked that the games they were making for consoles were crap so nobody bought them.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                            X