Recommend D a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juggler
    try out KOTOR or any of Baldur's gate/Icewind dale series. that will leave you sleepless for a while
    He already said he played those.

I need a new game too actually. Gothic II is meh. Morrowind I've played a lot over this summer. KOTOR is overrated. The only infinity game I haven't played is IWDII, but I didn't really get attacked to 3E rules in NWN.

I guess I'll check out Dominions II.

This entire problem wouldn't exist if Crusader Kings was out already.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler
      try out KOTOR or any of Baldur's gate/Icewind dale series. that will leave you sleepless for a while

I played that ancient Greece scenario for almost 6 months over and over again. that game really never becomes boring but the expansion (Armagedon's blade) didn't work on my computer. have no idea why
      I've played Kotor, and BG, IWD . But good recommendations anywyas.

Comment

yeah KOTOR was cool.. most anything from Bioware is cool
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by quantum_mechani
          Dominions II is amazing, more creativity and complexity than any game since SMAC. As I said before, I have trouble imagining a serious TBS player who would not greatly enjoy the game.
          the AI sucks

and it is sort of repetitive

I didn't enjoy it, beyond the "discover what basic units there are" stage

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I'm bored of all my computer games, and no new games interest me.

I figure I better take an interest in FPS's or give up on computer games .

the golden age of computer games has ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

the AI sucks

and it is sort of repetitive

I didn't enjoy it, beyond the "discover what basic units there are" stage

Jon Miller
              I'll admit, multiplayer is where the game really shines.

Even in SP though, the basic units are not what make the game fun. It's the synergy between the hundreds of spells that is the core of the game. The summoning alone- did you know each of the four elemental king/queen spells summons one of three unique kings/queens tied to that element? And many of the kings/queens can summon special troops using the 'summon allies' command (only available for that particular king/queen, using that command). I've been playing the game extensively for almost a year, and there are spells I still havn't tried. And believe me, Dominions 2 is the least repetitive game I have ever played .

Comment

dissident do you have broadband? why don't you try joining a clan and playing competitively in a fps? you might just get hooked. i'd recommend team games for a relative newbie as you have your teammates to lean on. if i had boardband i'd never get bored playing fps games. single player fps games suck.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

No matter if you like FPS or not, get Doom3. Now.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                  X