Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend D a new game

computer game, don't go recommending a forum game now

It seems that this year has been a slow year for computer games. Is there anything worthwhile?

I still play games like SMAC, NWN, and Civ3. But I can't play them all the time. I'm not in the mood to play them that much. I just got finished with a game of SMAC last night, and another this morning (although I lost that one ). Perhaps I have too much free time. I guess I could get a girlfriend. But a computer game is a more realistic solution.

Dominions II is amazing, more creativity and complexity than any game since SMAC. As I said before, I have trouble imagining a serious TBS player who would not greatly enjoy the game.

Comment

I have been given/bought GalCiv, NWN, MoO3, Thief 3, Settlers 4 and Victoria recently.

I don't know if they are any good though as I haven't played any.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

America's Army, it's even free.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You havn't played Thief 3, Skanky?

/me checks Skanky's temperature*

Yep, he's dead alright. Stone dead.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Well, I did get past the first mission and into town.
            Then nothing more for over a month. :shrug:
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky's dead.

My vote goes to Garrett.

Diss, you could play Civ 2.... rah would be happy to hand you your ass on a plate. With garnish.
              Or Kingdom of Loathing....
              But Dominions II does look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Settlers 4
                Don't bother... It's worse than S3 in most ways... only thing better in S4 is graphics

For games I can only recommend Rise of Nations... this is the RTS game closest to TBS...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Silent Storm.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                    Skanky's dead.

My vote goes to Garrett.

Diss, you could play Civ 2.... rah would be happy to hand you your ass on a plate. With garnish.
                    Or Kingdom of Loathing....
                    But Dominions II does look good.
                    I have a thread in Civ3 general explaining why I don't play Civ2. I further explain in one of my posts on page 3 of that thread.

Comment

But I never visit Civ 3 General. It gives me vertigo to stray so far from the anchor that is OT. Civ 2 General is as far as it is safe, or sensible, to go. Well, I'm disappointed that you prefer Civ 3 to Civ 2, but if this is indeed the case then there is no saving you. Maybe if you tried playing the Sims.....

Comment

You could try Battle for Westnoth. It's a Free(libre) hex based strategy game SP and MP. Check the other thread for details.
                        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Do you have a powerfull pc(or a museum piece like me)?
                          And what kind of games do you like - is it only tbs? historic/futureistic?

I'm finding it harder to get games that hold my interest these days and playing the same old(but great) games over and over does wear a little thin.

Maybe go for something completely different - like the Sims or some such?(well maybe not the sims.... ).

I'm alternating between old classic's i missed the first time around (like Masters of Magic/Magic the Gathering/Settlers2/etc) and 3D stuff on my xbox like Morrowind/Kotor/PotC etc.

Its ok - but i wish real tbs games were being made
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Heroes of Might and Magic III! The Complete Expansion Pack! Purchase it and you'll never have free time again!

then visit my site and download my scenarios!

-->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                              Do you have a powerfull pc(or a museum piece like me)?
                              And what kind of games do you like - is it only tbs? historic/futureistic?

I'm finding it harder to get games that hold my interest these days and playing the same old(but great) games over and over does wear a little thin.

Maybe go for something completely different - like the Sims or some such?(well maybe not the sims.... ).

I'm alternating between old classic's i missed the first time around (like Masters of Magic/Magic the Gathering/Settlers2/etc) and 3D stuff on my xbox like Morrowind/Kotor/PotC etc.

Its ok - but i wish real tbs games were being made
                              what scares me is I may outgrow playing games.

I can't imagine not playing games. what would I do with my day?

My computer is pretty fast. Not top of the line, but can handle games like KOTOR and NWN easily. I didn't seem to have any problems with Halo. Halo came free with my sound card, I only played it for about an hour before I became bored of it. FPS's aren't my style.

Comment

Working...
                              X