The Movies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adagio

Inbetween the turns? There is no time between the turns in Civ4, it's not like Civ3 where it takes 15 minutes between the turns
    It would be if I tried to play a huge terran world on my computer. Even large games can have around 40 seconds in between turns.

Comment

Inbetween the turns? There is no time between the turns in Civ4, it's not like Civ3 where it takes 15 minutes between the turns
      Try larger levels. Or alternatively, a slower computer.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've enjoyed the game a lot. Some thoughts:

The game portion is prety fun and enjoyable. Not as much fun as say RCT was, but it's pretty fun. The one main issue I have with it is decorating the studio - you don't have to decorate it (I didn't, and have gotten pretty far) but you do lose out if you don't (one of the awards is given to the best studio lot, and, from what I've heard, the better the lot, the more people will apply for jobs, which is important. There are some other annoyances, but they didn't stop me from enjoying the game.

The making movies portion is fairly easy, once you get used to it. There are 40+ sets, which is a lot, but a lot of the ones I would want aren't ther (eg, they've got 3 space ship bridges and 3 space ship corridors but no space ship engine room, and only one alien landscape, or a school hallway and a school library, but no school classroom). Worse, I think, is thatr many of the scenes you can make feel disjoint and lack continuity when put together, and you really need to work creatively in order to make them look smooth and make sense.
        Last edited by Edan; November 13, 2005, 00:37.
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Also I hate the "whack a mole" "mini-game", where you have to search to area to find a certain person. The researcers leaves the research department when they're done, so I have to run around searching for them, so I can put them back to work
          You can click to get the list of researchers on the left side of the screen (normally, it's set to the stars and directors). Much quicker than finding them.
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

And the wife changed clothes randomly during the movie
            In order to set a characters costome for the entire movie, you have to do it at the title screen. Otherwise, it only does it for the scene you're working on.

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
              In order to set a characters costome for the entire movie, you have to do it at the title screen. Otherwise, it only does it for the scene you're working on.
              That's what I did

Also in another movie I made I had 3 main characters, where one of them was supposed to wear some military clothes the entire movie (except one scene), so I set that clothes in the title screen. But at the one scene where he was supposed to wear something different I changed it for him (in that scene), but now he was wearing that clothes for the entire movie
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I really must stop wasting valuable seconds reading about decorating in-game studios.

Comment

The power of +1 compels you, the power of +1 compels you!
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                  X