No announcement yet.

Heroes of Might and Magic Forum Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in my standard 'wait and see' mode of new forum games. If you can work it out I'll try it later.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Er, don't know if you're counting me or not, but I think I'll sit this game out and then play in v2.0. Sorry! (Mustn't tempt myself with distractions at the moment.)
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

okay then... well, for everyone who still wants to try the game- please choose your cities and PM me your heroes stats, etc.

(the stats and spells possessed by heroes will be kept secret from the other players until a battle occurs)
        [Unless the characters cast the Spell View Air at the beginning of their turn, then they can see all stats... if they cast View Spells- they can see all spells!)

however, the creature numbers will be given as a range... (View Earth reveals the exact numbers)

although the amount of construction done on the castles/strongholds/etc. will be known
        Last edited by DarkCloud; June 22, 2004, 12:42.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

and here's our first hero.
          (visible stats posted only) remember, his Attack,Defense,etc. are secret:

--
          GAMECUBE64

Town: Castle.
          Name: Last Hope.

Hero: Corribus the Knight

Stats:
          SECRET

Starting troops : 1-20 Pikemen

Starting spell: SECRET
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Last Hope for the win! Even if I'm outnumbered I'll come through just like the scenario.
            Last edited by Gamecube64; June 22, 2004, 12:56.
            I changed my signature

Comment

last hope for the win?

sorry I don't understand ??
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

My Castle's name is Last Hope... get it?
                I changed my signature

Comment

ah yes, now I get it- the decapitalization threw me off!
                  -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I fixed it O' great lord and master
                    I changed my signature

Comment

I sent in my prelim-orders, but I'm still not sure how magic works. Can you go through the mechanics of spell casting. I may want to change my stats after you explain
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Spells get cast at the beggining of battles. Spell power makes them more powerful and spell points alow you to cast more.

I figure you've never played a heroes game before... for shame!
                        I changed my signature

Comment

Okay so power is a multipler of base(damage?) and points = number of spells that can be cast, and the points in front of the spells above is the research cost?

I think I've played heros, but not recently (and I've played them all so I get confused).
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Look, before we continue, there has to be some chance of smaller force winning. I suggest you devise some kind of random number generator and feed the strengths of the two armies and calculate the casualties and the winner. However, the combat must not be a one round combat, rather I suggest a fixed 3 or 5 rounds combat.

Before a hero is utterly defeated, so just before the final round, you should give him an option to flee. You must ask the player loosing if he wants to continue the battle or disengage.

Comment

Heh. Referencing the HOMM2 scenario, "Lost Hope?" Fine one, that, 'specially considering it spawned all those sequels. I always like "THUNK" the best of those.
                              All syllogisms have three parts.
                              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Ya, I heard the guy who made them made some very good scenarios for HOMM 3 also.

*$2 to Snowfire*
                                I changed my signature

Comment

Working...
                                X