Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia XX - The French Revolution - Part 2

Chapter 7 - American in Paris

Immediately after the execution of Marie-Antoinette and the discovery of the body of Sally Hemings, the citizens went to the Committee of Public Safety to cast their votes and decide upon the next to be executed in an endless string of state sanctioned killings, a trademark of the Reign of Terror. The votes were split between Feld Marschall von Blücher, who was there only in body but not in spirit and Thomas Jefferson, who was missing since evening the day before. Robespierre cast the deciding vote saying “The only good German is a dead German”.

And Blücher was taken to Place de la Révolution, where he was asked for his last wish and final words.
    “Ich wünsche die Mafia ermordet euch alle!”
    „Kill the German swine“, Danton cried and Robespierre pulled the handle and the head of Jamski was swiftly severed from his body. Not that he noticed anything.

General Napoléon Bonaparte and Private Nicholas Chauvin were watching the execution.
    “Sir, I have examined the strange wooden cross found at the last murder scene. My father is a carpenter so I have some knowledge in the area.”
    “Excellent work Chauvin! Taking initiative! That’s my lad! Now tell me if you have found anything important.”
    “Indeed I have Sir. The cross was only a part of a frame which in addition to this cross comprised of four more pieces of wood placed in a rhomboid shape, the cross representing the diagonals.”
    “A very interesting analysis Chauvin, but I don’t know if it helps us at all.”
    “Neither do I, but one other thing is sure. The wood was exposed to intense heat for a short period of time. There are some burn marks.”

At that moment Robespierre approached the general.
    “General Bonaparte, it appears that Mr. Jefferson has knowledge of the events of the last several days. You must find him and take in for questioning.”
    “Yes Sir, but it’s going to be a very difficult task. Mr. Jefferson has spent many years in Paris. He knows the city and he has connections.”
    “I trust you will employ all resources at your disposal to locate and arrest Mr. Jefferson.”
    “I’ll do my best Sir.”

Robespierre left.
    “I guess no day off today either Sir?
    “You guessed right Private Chauvin.”

Later, in the evening, Private Chauvin was searching the city for Mr. Jefferson. At barrière du Trône he noticed bloody marks on the pavement. There was also a trail of blood starting by these marks and leading who knows where. Chauvin followed this trail and finally reached Place de Grève where the trail ended. Near the sewer shaft, he saw a naked body of Theben, his arms and legs tied, gagged and flogged to death. His body was already badly decomposed having bite marks of various species of small mammals such as mice, rats, weasels, etc.

The others came quickly.
    “Well, he was definitely suspicious character. But he obviously wasn’t the killer we were looking for”, observed Desmoulins “I shall write an epitaph about his glory and his fall.”
    “He might be the poisoner”, replied Danton.
    “Oh yes, he might.”
    “Let’s see if the tidy flogging killer has left something behind this time. Turn Mr. Jeffersons body Chovin”, Bonaparte ordered.

When they turned him, they noticed a small jade figurine.

“Hmm, a first clue, or so it seems. Our killer is becoming careless”, Napoléon made a comment about the find.
    “Citizens, come tomorrow to the Committee of Public Safety. We must address this latest security issue.”
    And with this Robespierre’s remark everybody left home fearful of the future attacks of the mafia.
    Last edited by Ljube; June 16, 2004, 21:27.

Code:
    mafia
    Name Role Status
    1. Nuclear Master Roi Louis XVI Guillotined - round 4
    2. Kassiopeia Reine Marie-Antoinette Guillotined - round 5
    3. Spiffor M. Robespierre Alive
    4. Alva M. Couthon Poisoned - round 2
    5. Spaced Cowboy M. de Saint-Just Guillotined - round 2
    6. Guynemer M. Danton Alive
    7. Loinburger M. Desmoulins Alive
    8. Vovan M. d'Églantine Alive
    9. Snowfire M. Hébert Alive
    10. Rasputin M. Necker Alive
    11. Octavian X M. Brissot de Warville Poisoned - round 4
    12. Jonny Marquis de Lafayette Flogged to death - round 3
    13. Tuberski Comte de Sade Guillotined - round 3
    14. Rah M. Guillotin Alive
    15. Smiley Comte de Mirabeau Alive
    16. ADG Duc de Bordeaux Alive
    17. Kalius Roi Louis XVIII Alive
    18. Geomodder Fürst von Metternich Flogged to death - round 5
    19. Jon Miller Roi Louis XVII Flogged to death - round 1
    20. Jamski Herr Feld Marschall von Blücher Guillotined - round 6
    21. Chaunk Mr. W. Pitt jr. Guillotined - round 1
    22. GJRamsey Mr. B. Franklin Alive
    23. Theben Mr. T. Jefferson Flogged to death - round 7
    24. HongHu Miss S. Hemings Poisoned - round 6
    25. Hercules M. Generale N. Bonaparte Alive
    26. Skanky Burns M. Chauvin Alive
    The mafia must have suspected Theben of being the other mafia so he executed him.

Comment

I still say Kalius is the sadist. He knew people would suspect Nuclear Master, and he counted on him being executed. Thus, the only thing standing between him and the throne was poor, innocent Jon Miller.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Code:
        mafia
        Name Vote
        1. Nuclear Master Executed round 4
        2. Kassiopeia Executed round 5
        3. Spiffor -
        4. Alva Killed by mafia round 2
        5. Spaced Cowboy Executed round 2
        6. Guynemer Kalius
        7. Loinburger -
        8. Vovan -
        9. Snowfire -
        10. Rasputin -
        11. Octavian X Killed by mafia round 4
        12. Jonny Killed by mafia round 3
        13. Tuberski Executed round 3
        14. Rah -
        15. Smiley -
        16. ADG -
        17. Kalius -
        18. Geomodder Killed by mafia round 5
        19. Jon Miller Killed by mafia round 1
        20. Jamski Executed round 6
        21. Chaunk Executed round 1
        22. GJRamsey -
        23. Theben Killed by mafia round 7
        24. HongHu Killed by mafia round 6
        25. Hercules -
        26. Skanky Burns -
        24 hours to vote

Comment

rhomboid wood frame
          wood was exposed to intense heat for a short period of time
          barrière du Trône
          Place de Grève
          small mammals such as mice, rats, weasels, etc.
          Jade figurine
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Snowfire. He's a "fiery orator," eh? Plus, the cross-turned-rhombus would be in line with the non-theistic religion he tried to start.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Code:
              mafia
              Name Vote
              1. Nuclear Master Executed round 4
              2. Kassiopeia Executed round 5
              3. Spiffor Kalius
              4. Alva Killed by mafia round 2
              5. Spaced Cowboy Executed round 2
              6. Guynemer Kalius
              7. Loinburger Snowfire
              8. Vovan gjramsey
              9. Snowfire Guynemer
              10. Rasputin -
              11. Octavian X Killed by mafia round 4
              12. Jonny Killed by mafia round 3
              13. Tuberski Executed round 3
              14. Rah -
              15. Smiley Kalius
              16. ADG Snowfire
              17. Kalius -
              18. Geomodder Killed by mafia round 5
              19. Jon Miller Killed by mafia round 1
              20. Jamski Executed round 6
              21. Chaunk Executed round 1
              22. GJRamsey Snowfire
              23. Theben Killed by mafia round 7
              24. HongHu Killed by mafia round 6
              25. Hercules Snowfire
              26. Skanky Burns -
              Snowfire - 4 votes
              Kalius - 3 votes
              gjramsey - 1 vote
              Guynemer - 1 vote
              Last edited by Ljube; June 16, 2004, 21:26.

Comment

Yay! The poisoning American interloper is dead. Hmm, tricky. As for the whipping person... who would have a jade statue? Not any true Frenchman. Perhaps someone who travelled, or had a lot of money? Necker, maybe? Or maybe General Napoleon got it on one of his trips to Egypt. Not sure.

We do know at least that Guynmeyer has an unimpeachable alibi (assuming that the poisoner really is dead), so let's not vote for him. Besides, the mafia will finish him off pretty soon anyway since it's known he's innocent.

P.S. Why exactly did we appoint Kalius as replacement king? Weren't we getting rid of that evil position? When Kalius bites it, let's not replace him, okay?

P.P.S. While I would have loved to have been the one who did in Jefferson, as noted before, I prefer killing with the will of the people behind the guillotine. I don't think I'd have been so vocal either.
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

See now TheBen? Let her die and who's gonna cry for you now?

And I just have to make it clear that I have never sat on a tree ever since I was 10 years old.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Snowfire it is...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Ah, but there is one more evil yank left alive still. gjramsey, must die for his crimes against France.
                      XBox Live: VovanSim
                      xbox.com (login required)
                      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                      Spore page

Comment

I didn't say Theben was the poisoning mafia

I only said the other mafia must have suspected that.

This is perhaps a good opportunity to say Theben was not the mafia to avoid possible confusion.

Comment

Good, now all we have to do is figure out who would have suspected him
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And another innocent dies. Hopefully someone will avenge me against the evil Snowfire.

See now TheBen? Let her die and who's gonna cry for you now?

Ah, my darling, I saw what was happening and tried to make arrangements for you to flee France as well as I made the same for the Queen. Curse the cruel fates that took your life before you could escape, but we shall be together again in the next world, should the Almighty permit it.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

-tko: Er, there was no confusion. I understood full well that there was no definitive proof that Theben was it, but being an ideologue, that's not going to stop me celebrating what seems to be true. But it wasn't him? Hmph, shame. The clue on that seemed fairly strong.

As to the beginnings of a docpile on me: Not that logic and reason has ever stopped anyone from convicting people, I'd just like to point out that loinburger's logic involves that I am a "firey orator" and therefore I'd burn stuff down. Also that I would be suicidal enough mafia to post a bunch and stick out with my actual clue-searching.

In any case, if according to -tko the Mafia was one of my supporters... hmm, Guynmeyer still has the suspcious uber-alibi on the whippings, and was one of the first to post in my support. Although I'm probably not winning his vote this round, I suspect.
                              All syllogisms have three parts.
                              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
                              X