No announcement yet.

Best of the SNES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another couple games that I think are probably worth mentioning, although not my cup of tea (I enjoyed them, but not to the point I would even consider them for the 'best'):

Clayfighter and Killer Instinct.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What about BattleToads vs Double Dragons?
      Double Dragons was boring nad cliche as far as I remember.

What happened?
      My friend was addicted to the game and seized the controller (it was his snes and his copy)
      I was stuck w/ an NES and so my only option was to go and play Dragon Warrior, which wasn't so bad, but from wha ti've heard Secret of Mana is better.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Clayfighter and Killer Instinct.
        I played the n64 versions of both. I loved clayfighter b/c it was really funny and had a great atmosphere. but KI gold on the n64 was jsut kind of boring after a few minutes and didn't keep me glued ot the screen as long as clayfighter did, besides the fact thta I was able ot beat clayfighter MUCH faster.

Comment

The big thing about Killer Instinct was it's graphics, i think. Which obviously wouldn't be such a feat on the n64 version (I didn't know there was one).
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I never knew that one existed for the snes

Comment

I liked that space car game, I forgot the title... F-Zero?

Ogre Battle is probably the only game I owned and never finished. I never could figure how to keep my reputation high as in positive, it always would plummel to zero resulting in unfavorable circumstances for my leader. Ah well.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I used to play Trax FX, just to drive my car off the bridge in the seaside course. That was the funniest thing.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                  I liked that space car game, I forgot the title... F-Zero?

Ogre Battle is probably the only game I owned and never finished. I never could figure how to keep my reputation high as in positive, it always would plummel to zero resulting in unfavorable circumstances for my leader. Ah well.
                  yeah probably f-zero(though it's anti-gravity racing not space!).

for a simple explanation about ogre battle reputation - it's basically be as weak as possible(beat all the boards without killing all the enemies so you don't level up. it's best to be lower level than what you are fighting), and you want to match the ali of your units to the town you take over. your level doesn't seem that important but matching unit ali(or maybe it was just the unit leaders ali) to town is critical.

of course near the middle to end of the game this is near impossible as most units will either aproach 100 ali(pure good) or 0 ali(pure evil) and most towns are not near either of those. you can take units from opposite ali units and mix them up resulting in middle ali numbers but that's a lot of micromanagement(and usually those units will eventually go to 0 or 100 ali again). plus afaik there is a hidden modifier which effects unit cohesion so it's bad to keep characters jumping unit to unit.

it is possible to win with a good reputation but doesn't seem nearly as fun as being super powerful and pure evil.
                  Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Mario Kart, of course.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

You're kidding, right?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There was this game called Earthworm Jim that had it's fun areas, looked really good for the time also. I could never get past that damn level where you ride a glass bubble submarine and get somewhere fast enough.
                        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Earthworm Jim? I remember him. I think he had some series too if I am not mistaken.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                          X