No announcement yet.

All purpose Planescape:Torment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are very near the game. Check Coaxmetal for new weapons. Near the end he will request Modron's Box for Entropic Blade. If you accept your alignment will go far to chaotic. Check tattoo shop - there should be some really powerful spells now. Take negative material plane token (or whatever that thing you got from transparent planewalkre near the begining) and bronze sphere (!!!!!!) for sure. Blade of the Immortal is useful too, if you wish to see all the endings. Also, interesting idea for Vhalior , but he can't mess up much things now (infact he can get an insane boost to his stats in the final fight). Solve anything you want, after going thorugh portal you will find some fighting, a lot of story and explanations and final confrontation. Good luck! Ask if you have any more questions.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• I'm in the mood to play this again. I think after I'm done with my current game I'll load it up on my hard drive again.

And this time play the evil way.

Comment

• ive gone into the fortress of regrets. Cause im absolute neutral, i dont have great weapons for the fights on the first level.
        Spoiler:
        i think ive done all the cannons, and just have to get to the room where the portal should be
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• well - ive finally finished the game.

Spoiler:
          I chose to merge with TTO at the end

I will discuss overall reflections in a seperate thread

a few final comments though wrt the ending.

1. Nice cutscenes, and
          Spoiler:
          revival of NPC's was nice

Spoiler:
          TTO as a green frame? Cheesey, I think

Spoiler:
          Mortality as transcendant? Ironic play on notion of immortality as transcendance, or are they seriously philosophizing here?

Spoiler:
          took me a minute to realize that picking up a weapon when dead and on the lower plane made sense, since thats what happens to dead people -OTOH how does it connect to "what changes the nature of a man"

5. all in all, i found the ending weak. Same sensation i had at end of BG, you mean all THAT was leading up to just THIS? Poor coda, if you will. Though I dont have many games to compare it to, since i mainly play strategy games. Maybe its the whole genre, of games as stories, vs conventional fiction, movies, etc. Im not sure.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I thought it was a pretty good ending. But in many games, it is the journey that is the more rewarding, not the ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
              I thought it was a pretty good ending. But in many games, it is the journey that is the more rewarding, not the ending.
              I guess part of it is how do you define the ending? If you take the entire fortress of regrets as a unit, yeah, it does wrap thing up reasonably well. But i spent a lot of time on the fight in the first part of the fortress, so its hard to think of the splitting of the party, and the first talk with Deionarra at the entrance, as parts of the end. I guess thats a similar problem to BG1 - having a big fight toward the end makes limits the part that feels like "the end" to whatever happens after that fight. In a book or movie a fight or conflict near the end doesnt cause me to refight the fight half a dozen times.

Comment

• So finally you've come to the end?

This game rocks for sure.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                X