Yet another bleeding BG thread *sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another bleeding BG thread *sigh*

So, as requested, the BG discussion moves into its 3rd home (4th? Perhaps?)

Current status

Dry - just started a "smart fighter"
    Duck - 90 days in in Chapter 3 (bandit hunting)
    Me - planning the ultimate evil party

I don't remember where everyone else is up to, but why spoil the chance for them to tell us?

Post on, and love your kobolds

-Jam
    Yes, dual early (level 2-4)
    16.67%
    Yes, dual late (level 4-6)
    33.33%
    No, pure theif :doitnow!:
    33.33%
    Imoen? Are you MAD?
    16.67%
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

I voted "late", as from what I've gathered I waited to long at level 6, and should have done it slightly earlier. But still, we'll see what happens.

And my kobolds are fine, thank you for asking.

Call it the opportunity to blatantly +1, but I'd be interested in knowing which parties everyone likes. Both games, good and evil parties, funniest parties, etc.
    Just list them, with as much detail as you like - either just names or reasons why you chose them.
    Then I can steal your favourite parties for BGII and use this knowledge when I evenually get that far.
    Oh, and with that in mind, pelase don't lie. If anyone picks Garrick then I'll know you're lying.

Comment

My favorite party is a PC bard, Garrick, Skye...

Heh

My real "favorite" party is:
      • Me as a fighter/theif multiclass for backstab/archery/theifing.
      • Jaheira as backup fighter/slinger/healer, replaced by that dwarf you havn't met yet in Cloakwood mines
      • Imoen dualed to mage at level 4 for mage that can stealth and use a bow.
      • Kahlid, replaced by Kivan, replaced by Coran as pure archer/scout.
      • If I need more than 4 characters (unlikely) then I might keep Kahlid and Kivan for more archery, but its overkill really.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Thief.
        Have some respect for your stealthy liberators of other peoples excess goods.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I thought Theif II was a rubbish game too.

Comment

* Spontaneously combusts *
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hurrah!

Skanky Bursts!

I reckon that I'll try an evil party on my next go at BGI (some time in 2005, at the current rate ), because I enjoyed having Kagain in the party, and it semed to me that he'd become a great fighter later in the game. I didn't like Montaron and Xzar, but I suppose that I could put up with them if it meant killing Imoen at the crossroads.

Comment

Thief, easily. Low level thieving abilities really aren't enough, especially with Tutu. I would dual about level 8 though, if she wasn't already in BGII.

My fave party:
                PC fighter, mage or fighter dualed to mage, depending of how I feel.
                Minsc (need an upfront fighter)
                Dynaheir (need magic, lots of it)
                Imoen -> Coran (if I don't want to RP it)
                Khalid (as an archer)
                Jaheira

I occasionally use Kivan and Branwen or a the Dwarf Jamski mentions instead of Khalid and Jaheira, but usually like above.

Can I ask a BGII question. When Jaheria is summoned my Merelia (sp?) to the Harper Hold, how long until I get her back? I was about to go to Spellhold, but I want to go with her. Can do Rogue Stone Doorway and Kangaxx beforehand, as well as resting, and have walked back from the Keep (done without her) but I'd like to go pretty soon.
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

But Imoen comes equipped with a wand of magic missiles, so she's not entirely useless in those early fights.

Comment

To get Jahs back the first time she goes, sleep outside. To get her back a second time, go and fetch her from the Harper's place.

-Jam

Comment

I had to sleep outside to get the bandits fight to get her togo with Merelia. So I have to do it again to get her to tell me to come to the Harper Hold?
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yep. If the Jaheira story gets stuck ever, sleep outside.

Want me to drag up the script? It only checks the variable if your sleeping outside, because its all hanging from the bandit ambush encounter script.

-Jam

Comment

Hey! This thread isn't about me at all!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If it was the title isn't that flattering.

Comment

whoops, didn't realize we already hit 500.

copied and pasted from the other thread:

quote:
                              Originally posted by duke o' york
                              I'm going to need Coran then.
                              Given the exp that I'll get off bandit-hunting, then would you advise that I duel Imoen asap, so that she gets a proper start in amassing all the exp required to get her thief skills back? Are there any traps in the forests where the bandits live? I have a funny feeling that there won't be, but though I'd better check before doing something rash and possibly irreversible.

yep, dual her asap, or not at all.

I probably should have dualled her at level 1 or 2 and used someone else as my thief. I prefer fighter/thieves. This is for my good party. In my evil party I am using Montaron (hafling fighter/thief). She can make a pretty good mage.

Although I don't think dynaheir is that bad. Why get rid of her? With the ring of wizadry (good luck finding that ), she has a ton of spells like magic missile.

Although I like Edwin a lot in my evil party.

Normally I wouldn't recommend dualling Imoen at that high a level, but if you get someone else for your thief, then that's okay. You can pretty much treat Imoen as a mage (don't count on using her as a thief anymore). Although I'm still not sure it's worth ditching dynaheir for her though (I'd have to look at their stats).

Comment

Working...
                              X