No announcement yet.

Project - Apolyton game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, you use the 2003 studio version I see.

Anyone know where to enter the 'Key code' btw?

On re-installing I entered a wrong number and can't open it anymore.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Oh btw, the RAR download version works
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Jamski >> Where you still interested in doing some graphics for this game?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Umm, sure.

Let me re-install everything, and tell me what you want, how big, what format and how many colours.

Then give me 24 hours.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Ok... I'll try to write something up in a few minutes...

Comment

• Here it is what I've got in mind, but if you've got a better idea...

For now I'm only talking about the main menu... the in-game will come later.
              The menu is in the resolution 800x600 with 32 bit color
              What style you chose to use is up to you, since I've got no sense of style... just try to give it a nuclear war feeling...
              And it would be great if you could make two appearences of all buttons: default and clicked (and if you want hover pictures too, feel free to do so )

Login:
              When the game starts a "box" should appeir where you can enter your nick-name (Should have a text-box like appearance, but not look like a text-box if you know what I mean... like they've always have in games... Above this "text-box" a small text should say something along with "Enter your nick"...
              Just benieth this box there should be a small check-box looking thing (2 pictures: checked, unchecked) with the text "Remember me" or something like that.
              At last there should also be an "Ok" button (and if you want to, feel free to add an "Exit" button)

Main:
              The menu-bar should be of the following buttons:
              "Host Game"
              "Join Game"
              "Hi-score" (or "Highscore", or whatever)
              "Credits"
              "Logout"
              "Exit"

The menu-bar should probably be visible all the time and be at the left side of the screen

Host Game:
              In the center+right side of the screen it should now be possible to have a list of all joined players, with some green/red flash to show if the players are ready or not. Just next to this flash there should be enough room to write the nicks of the joined players...
              Maybe having a kick botton at the end of each player-line
              Of course there should also be a "Start game" button somewhere near the botton...

I'll just leave it there for now... How advanced you want it to be, is up to you...

For everybody:
              If you've got an idea or something, please share with us

Comment

• Ok... I'm on it. What format do you want the graphics in? I suppose BMP is easiest for you to play with?

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Just make it BMP for now... if I need other formats, I'll just convert them myself...

Comment

• Cool

-Jam

Comment

• Just checking in to see how far you've come with it...

Not that I'll be able to get on with the game at present anyway, since we wont learn how to make a server in VB until next week earliest...

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Slowly. I played with some rough ideas.

Mrs Jamski still being on holiday till Monday is cutting down my free time + I still need to reinstall my graphics apps. (Not that it will take long to reinstall, its just getting round to doing it, and not posting on 'poly or "talking" to Mrs Jamski)

I'll make some blank buttons, and you can then put the text in later.

-Jam

Comment

• Yeah, I know the problem getting around installing all those apps... usually it takes up a month or more whenever I reinstall windows

And the blank buttons idea sounds good, makes it alot easier

Comment

• I just got the socket working (finally)... have been busy all week... I'll do some more work on the game tonight (gotta do some homework first)...

...how is the graphics coming..?

Comment

• Since it seems like you might be too busy, I'll post in the OT to see if anyone's interested, and have time to do it...

Comment

Working...
                                X