No announcement yet.

Project - Apolyton game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry... it wasn't that clear what I wanted... I'll try to fix up a small example...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Here's an quick drawing of my idea (Don't mind the colors)

Explanation yet to come...
      Attached Files

Comment

• The part on the left/bottom corner is the menu (host game/join game/highscore/whatever). The white area should be something along with a chatbox (I don't plan on just using some standard textfield, so I prefer it to be 'connected' with the background somehow...
        The blue boxes are some small buttons which should be as small images... they should give the host an option to kick the players out of the game...
        ...would be nice if the nick and kick 'button' goes into one line per player... just make one line and add as a different file, so I can add/remove it in the code...

What I ment with the 'Just make one button' is:
        If you make one long empty button, I can manually (in the code) change the label on the pictures... that way you don't have to make a button for each option...

Hope this time it's more clear...

Comment

• How about a kind of "stencilled" font like on millitary equipment, and make it a light transparacy laid accross the picture?
          That's better, i think. It might be good to put a metal backdrop behind it, too.

ADG: I haven't given any thought to the button layout and such, yet... but I think it would be better to keep it all in one place, otherwise it will get too cluttered.

I'll think out the buttons next...
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Yeah sure, the host game/join game/whatever should be in one place... but I don't think they should be in the same place as where the list of joined players are...

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea on how to make the background in labels transparent in Vb.net? It used to be easy in VB6, but I can't find the option here

Comment

• On the form-designer-->label-->properties-->backColor--->web is a tab for transparent, no idea wether it what you(re looking for though.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• But when chosing transparent it just goes white

Comment

• It think it works for me. ( not that I tried with your program though)
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• What about something like this?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Looks great, though I think the chat might be a little to small...

And the buttons... it does look great, but I also need a few other buttons: Exit, high-score and maybe a credits
                        Sure, the high-score and credits is something we can live without... but not the exit button...

Comment

• I'm not doing any more programming for tonight... for those interested, here's the files:

It didn't turn out to be much programmed today... spent most of my time on trying to get that transparent label working (I found a dll file that should be able to add such label to the program... but couldn't get that one working either )

Comment

• What would be required to do an animation, such as a menu sliding out from the side?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• If it's just sliding it wont require much on my part... if it's full animations it'll probably require most on your part...

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG
                                If it's just sliding it wont require much on my part... if it's full animations it'll probably require most on your part...
                                Yeah, I'm just wondering what I would need to do.

ie. would I need to make animation of it sliding into view, or could I make a still-picture of it in motion, ect...

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X