No announcement yet.

Project - Apolyton game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry AGD, but my normal source of expensive graphics programmes hasn't delivered the goods.

I can try and cobble something together in paint???

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Nah, I'll just try to see if I can get someone else to do it
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Ok. Sorry to leave you hanging so long

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Don't worry... took me some time to find the solution to my problem also...

...didn't have time to make it yesterday as I thought I would though... Maybe today

Comment

• I'll fiddle around with some graphics and see what I can come up with. Don't expect it to be too professional looking, though.

Although I'm a bit confused with how you want me to make "before and after" images of the buttons and such. I'll just be sure to do everything in seperate layers so it can be sorted through however you want...
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• You can look at my post, posted on: Sunday, 29th February 2004 20:00

I attached a version of the game there... it shows how I'm thinking about the "before and after" images of the buttons...
              It might be a good idea to just make one button with enough room for me to put a label into

If you could come up with a background image first it would be nice... buttons are second priority at the moment (I prefer to have a feeling on where everything should be...

Comment

• Heh... I've never tried any sort of graphics design like this before. I don't think it's too bad, considering I had to improvise with the stock plug-ins to give the borders and stuff 'depth'. But I think i can do it a bit better...

Prototype #1:

I threw ming in there to give it that 'apolyton touch'. But, er... what's the title of the game? I don't even know what I'm making these for (haven't read any of this thread at all). But I would put the title down there at the bottom and the buttons would go on the menu to the right. I haven't tried making any of them yet.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Looks great

And the title of the game is Nuclear War

Comment

• Could you maybe add a 'place' to menu items just below the nuclear explosion, like on the right side?

Comment

• Or wait... Could you make a small 'box' with the 'thing' in the right, so I could quickly add/remove it in the middle of the screen?

Comment

• That's much better that what I would have made

Very nice. Ming is a great touch.

-Jam

Comment

• Great

Q: would it be possible to merge Mings colar (well, that thing at he back of the head,no idea what it called) with the bomb with he's face coming out of it?
                          It's just that, that' back of head thing' looks quite similar to a bomb as far as shape is concerned.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Nono... Its perfect, don't spoil it by tinkering.

I like it simple, myself.

-Jam

Comment

• Could you maybe add a 'place' to menu items just below the nuclear explosion, like on the right side?

Or wait... Could you make a small 'box' with the 'thing' in the right, so I could quickly add/remove it in the middle of the screen?
                              I don't think I get what you're saying.

Do you mean that you want me to make the menu panel on the bottom instead of the right? Or reduce it to a single 'button' that you would use to make it pop up, or something?

Originally posted by alva
                              Q: would it be possible to merge Mings colar (well, that thing at he back of the head,no idea what it called) with the bomb with he's face coming out of it?
                              It's just that, that' back of head thing' looks quite similar to a bomb as far as shape is concerned.
                              I've tried merging faces with nuclear explosions before, and it's always turned out really bad. The last time I tried it the mushroom cloud ended up looking like a red afro.

Anyways, here's another version to show where the title will go. I've never been good at doing text, but here's what I've been toying with so far...

Any kind of fonts or ideas you want to recomend for the title?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• How about a kind of "stencilled" font like on millitary equipment, and make it a light transparacy laid accross the picture?

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X