Banned from Paradox forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from Paradox forum?

An hour ago or so I discovered I could access the Victoria beta forum. I of course read a few threads etcetera. After a while I was unable to access the forum further as they probably discovered their mistake. I was still able to view and post in the rest of the forum though. But after half hour or so I couldn't access the Paradox forum at all anymore. I get the standard message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Am I the only getting this? Would I be banned or something?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

downloading materials is not exactly a smart thing...
    all downloaders are now outlaws in the Paradox forum.
    "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
    V. I. Lenin
    "It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep."
    Benito Mussolini

Comment

It is theft in fact.

You say in the post above that you realised it was a mistake.

Others had the decency to let us know.
      Last edited by uglyduck; September 30, 2003, 11:05.
      EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Ah I see. A bit late now, but: Sorry.

Is there any chance I would be allowed again after Victoria is released?

Comment

eh, if they goof up they should expect people to take advantage of that. If they want to ban people for looking in a forum that they where given access to (albeit, by mistake) well, that's their decision. But it's just alienating fans for their own mistake.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck
            You say in the post above that you realised it was a mistake.

Others had the decency to let us know.
            Well I did post it in one of those threads on the subject before it was deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
              If they want to ban people for looking in a forum that they where given access to (albeit, by mistake) well, that's their decision. But it's just alienating fans.
              True in a way. The downloading was done in an impulse, with my connection in a matter of seconds. And it's not like I had any bad intentions, so banning won't help anyone.

Comment

eh, if they goof up they should expect people to take advantage of that. If they want to ban people for looking in a forum that they where given access to (albeit, by mistake) well, that's their decision. But it's just alienating fans for their own mistake.
                Well, he downloaded stuff that wasn't allowed to download... so he is "stealing"...

EDITED:
                and
                Originally said by Johan:
                so, if you forget to lock the door to your house one evening, everyone would be allowed to walk in and grab what they wanted?
                V. I. Lenin
                Benito Mussolini

Comment

Ok, something was messed up but that doesn't validate this

Originally posted by M@ni@c
                  I downloaded the design document.
                  Anyay, this thread will get deleted soon...
                  Or to download a beta version from a link found in the mentioned forum... I'm not saying that Maniac did that but others did and they are benned too!

Patric

Comment

Originally posted by Generalisimo
                    Well, he downloaded stuff that wasn't allowed to download... so he is "stealing"...
                    It was right there before my eyes. I'm not a saint all right. If I could now undo it, I would, but that's kind of impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

True in a way. The downloading was done in an impulse, with my connection in a matter of seconds. And it's not like I had any bad intentions, so banning won't help anyone.
                      So basicly because you didn't know better, they should forget and forgive?

Comment

It was right there before my eyes. I'm not a saint all right. If I could now undo it, I would, but that's kind of impossible.
                        You should have thought of that a bit sooner...

Comment

well, you didn't need to post that in the forum neither...
                          V. I. Lenin
                          Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Patric B
                            Or to download a beta version from a link found in the mentioned forum... I'm not saying that Maniac did
                            I didn't.

Anyway, judging from your responses I presume nothing I say will change a thing, so I guess I'll shut up about it...
                            At least I can still access the downloads page, so I can download possible future patches. But no user mods.

Comment

eh, if they goof up they should expect people to take advantage of that.
                              So if people e.g. accidentally find the vault to a bank open they are free to help themself to some spare cash?
                              --
                              Editing EU2? Get the Exhaustive Bible of Event Scripting, Scenario Editing Guide and more...
                              Hacking HoI? Visit Havards HoI Hacking Haven!

Comment

Working...
                              X