GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

Put slavers in your own cities and build city walls, it will stop them fast.

I thought the economy graph showed the number of buildings and wonders in all your cities? That's why you get a spike in the graph when you build a wonder or capture a city with lots of buildings.

I meant when I capture a slave, I can't sent them to a specific destiny. They are spread out over several cities.

I added my graphs (both 1400 AD) of I-egyptian in an original game and I-american in the new game. Military and scientific not much different, although I have many more units in the new game. The economy graph really is quite different. I am afraid the AI don't built anything nor cities anymore. Added that no more AI wonders are built after 900 BC, I'm afraid we are not ready yet ;-)

gr
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPoes

I meant when I capture a slave, I can't sent them to a specific destiny. They are spread out over several cities.
      Ah OK sorry. 1 military unit in a city can guard 3 slaves, so to make slaves go to specific cities you need to move military units out of cities temporarily. So when you capture a slave it always goes to your closest city that has enough units to guard the new slave.

I added my graphs (both 1400 AD) of I-egyptian in an original game and I-american in the new game. Military and scientific not much different, although I have many more units in the new game. The economy graph really is quite different. I am afraid the AI don't built anything nor cities anymore. Added that no more AI wonders are built after 900 BC, I'm afraid we are not ready yet ;-)
      Yes, it clearly shows the AI is building many units now, but it needs to alternate cities on buildings and wonders too. It's safest cities should be building wonder and city improvements after it has enough defending units there, which is why unit movement is most important.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Where in the code is it determined what each city must built / where the buildinglists are filled and by what descisions ?

Maybe a flag calculated from war/nowar , present military force , distance from capital , more own cities further in this direction , distance to map-edge if no N-Z connection , close own town with military shortage , spotted enemy positions , distance to closest enemy tiles and AI is agressive/peaceful should dictate if units or buildings are built.

One tribe (like the civ-2 zulus) may be allowed to only built units or so, but I just conquered a Japanese and a Native city of about 10 and only one of them had a granary built. I think that blocks the AI in growing their cities and resources.

I presume there is already code changed concerning building more units !? Is there a descision-tree about what will be built in a city ? I should like to start with one if not.

gr

Comment

• when I messed with the code I found the build stuff mapped through citydata.cpp but as far as ai choosing to build its somewhere in the ctpai folder.
          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Downloading the newplaytest now 866! Been some months since I have played a game cant wait to see how the AI reacts to the new changes.
            From what im able to glean from the readme file fixes the best change is the bug that stopped the AI from attacking. Sunday morning will be the best time to get into a long game.After the 2nd cup of coffee should be able to keep up with the AI on the highest level.

Comment

• Congratulations to Martin Guhmann!

Locutus has informed me that my powers are being transferred to him. That should ease up his offsite storage space!
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Congrats Martin!

Wait, what are those powers?
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                  Congratulations to Martin Guhmann!
                  Thank you.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                  Wait, what are those powers?
                  For instance topping and untopping threads, Apolyton file database access, so that I can directly add the latest playtests and I can fix the typo in my name in E's post I quoted. But since I have more important stuff to do than fixing everyone's typos, I leave that to him.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• By the way, Locutus added to all the threads in this forum a tag, to categorize the threads. Actually, my impression is that there were only a few of us who used them, so I wonder whether they help or whether I should remove them. So what do you think about?

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      By the way, Locutus added to all the threads in this forum a tag, to categorize the threads. Actually, my impression is that there were only a few of us who used them, so I wonder whether they help or whether I should remove them. So what do you think about?

-Martin
                      You mean the "DESIGN", "PROJECT" etc thing? Why remove them?

It would be quicker to add tags to threads without them, but I'm sure it wouldn't make a big difference either way, just create more work for you.

Comment

You mean the "DESIGN", "PROJECT" etc thing? Why remove them?
                        I think that they may clutter the forum. But I am not so sure, therefore I ask whether they have a benefit.

And another issue is the "Getting the source to compile". It is also pretty old and we have now a source code readme that describes the process of getting the source to compile pretty well. So I wonder whether we still need that thread. Anyway before I untop it I should update the "Source code FAQ" thread first to include that piece of information there.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

I think that they may clutter the forum. But I am not so sure, therefore I ask whether they have a benefit.
                          I don't know how they seem to newcomers to the forum but I find them useful sometimes. If I just want to look back over the threads I can quickly look over them for ones that interest me. Perhaps add tags to threads without one, but it's certainly not a priority.

And another issue is the "Getting the source to compile". It is also pretty old and we have now a source code readme that describes the process of getting the source to compile pretty well. So I wonder whether we still need that thread. Anyway before I untop it I should update the "Source code FAQ" thread first to include that piece of information there.
                          Just wondering, are you planning to update the topped threads in CtP2 General and Creation as well? If not then perhaps I can look over them and see what needs updating, and then you can just edit them.

Comment

• I actually thought of the tags thing myself a while back: we initially used them because the forum was very busy and it was hard to distinguish what different threads were for, while different people came here for different reasons. Right now traffic is so low that that's really not an issue anymore, and it's no longer really being used for anything other than practical work on the code (early on we had wild ideas about completely recoding major sections of the game, which led to a lot of discussion but of course little actual work), so there's not much a point in continuing to use these tags. Didn't bring it up before as I figured it was up to you guys to decide this, and it of course still is
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I don't know how they seem to newcomers to the forum but I find them useful sometimes. If I just want to look back over the threads I can quickly look over them for ones that interest me. Perhaps add tags to threads without one, but it's certainly not a priority.
                              So at least it has some value, so I rather keep them, and may add some. Of course the threads of the first page have the higher priority, maybe I just edit only the threads of the first page or of the last year.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              Just wondering, are you planning to update the topped threads in CtP2 General and Creation as well? If not then perhaps I can look over them and see what needs updating, and then you can just edit them.
                              I wasn't planning to update them, just the topped state, but you are right they need also an update, so feel free to look over them.

One thing I have to check are the topped threads in the CTP1 forum, as I can see it I can at least untop three MP threads, but so far I think I use one of those topped threads to discuss the change there.

-Martin

Comment

OK, I added tags for the first let me know what you think about them.

And you may update your signature, since I moved the latest source code pack to Apolyton:

Edit: Link removed look here instead of.

I also updated the link on wikipedia since it seems that we get at least some substantial hits from there.

And you may have a look on this page for some feedback.

-Martin
                                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; July 20, 2008, 15:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X