• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks good.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Yep, that looks fine.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Congratulations Martin...

I don't have the time to work on a french translation at this time. I barely manage to keep up with the news though.

I am currently trying to start a career as a public servant. In France, it means that you have to succeed in a contest against all the other candidates trying to do the same thing (at least against the vast majority of them). Though I am working on this project since october 2007, in order to have a serious chance I still have a lot of work to do (more than a lot actually).

For some months, I am still there but more like a viewer than an active member. Until I succeed.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• By the way I just deleted some 20000 spams from the ctp2files email account. I hope there were no important messages I accidentally deleted, too.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Hi,

I don't have the time to work on a french translation at this time. I barely manage to keep up with the news though.
            I do, I have oodles right now. And I know my French (I'm living in a bilingual country, so I have to know my French).

What would the work entail?

Tellius
            Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

• Originally posted by Tellius
              What would the work entail?
              Just that you go through the French language files and translate the untranslated strings. You can find the French files in the latest playtest pack if you don't want to hassle with the repositry.

You can also make your CTP2 use the French files so that you can check in game what really needs translation.

But I suggest that you start with the files I pointed to in the translation thread.

If you don't use the repository just post your modified files there.

-Martin

Comment

• Thanks Tellius, if you have some questions or if you are unsure of a translation send me a PM, a mail or post in the Translation thread.

Though I don't have the time to make the translation myself, I can try to make some proofreading. I will check the files or the strings when they are published.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Just figured out that I just need to compile the game with MSVC 6 instead of MSVC 9 and the AI doesn't lose its list of available units. Unfortunately I have no idea whether this is caused by a defect standard library as we have in MSVC 6 or some other problems in the source code that just show up in MSVC 9.

-Martin

Comment

• Most likely the latter. MSVC6 allows some constructs (e.g. access of non-static member variables from within static functions in a lot of network code, using iterators as pointers in the strategy code) that are not supposed to work any more with MSVC2005/2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                      e.g. access of non-static member variables from within static functions in a lot of network code,
                      That's indeed ugly.

Originally posted by Fromafar
                      using iterators as pointers in the strategy code
                      Well, I tried _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING as defined 1, and it revealed exactly this, putting iterators into lists, were we would store the objects themselves or the pointers, normally. That makes the whole thing more complicated than it should be anyway.

Originally posted by Fromafar
                      that are not supposed to work any more with MSVC2005/2008.
                      I guess that wasn't supposed to work anyway, before Microsoft came.

-Martin

Comment

• Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what draft version of the C++ standard Microsoft had to base their work on when starting the implementation of MSVC6.

But anyway, it is not their fault that Activision misused the MSVC6 implementation. And some of the strategy code is incorrect (e.g. lacking "deep" copy constructors) - even when iterators would have been pointers. This will happen eventually when adding civilizations (by revolts). It works fine as long as the vectors have not reached full capacity, and push_back is just adding at the end. Once a resize is necessary, it will start to break - after copying to the new block and destroying the objects from the old block.

Comment

• Have not posted here in a while.But keep a eye out for who is still around.Playtest has made it worth firing up the game again.The AI is doing better job of defending its cities and keeps a good border defense.Holding ground when you throw many stacks of units which makes for hard game.One weak point is the AI is passive when comes to diplomacy.All AI factions no matter the personality will except a peace treaty.In the 1.11 version at least half the AI factions would would not allow it till you had built up trust or you were much stronger then them.Been looking at the file- Diplomacy text-found in the aidata section.Three things should be looked into-DiplomacyEvent-Decay,how long to build trust or lose it next Proposal Element section.In the mod Apolytonpack looking at the same file seems to have intresting settings.At least its a guide.Going to make a new file and test it out.I dont want to make the AI,s aggresive with each other but plug in holes so it cant be hurt by diplmatic tactics by the human player.I dont know if things could be changed in the code of the playtest to improve diplomacy.At least some tweaking is needed.
                          Last edited by Protra3211; January 11, 2009, 17:40. Reason: miss spelled words

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211 View Post
                            One weak point is the AI is passive when comes to diplomacy.All AI factions no matter the personality will except a peace treaty.In the 1.11 version at least half the AI factions would would not allow it till you had built up trust or you were much stronger then them.
                            I noticed this too. It's even worse because none of the AI's seem to build trust with each other because they're always trespassing etc. So even after 50-100 turns the human has a peace treaty with every AI, and all the AI's are at war/cease-fire with each other. Perhaps at least the peaceful AI's can be made a little less annoying to their neighbours.

Been looking at the file- Diplomacy text-found in the aidata section.Three things should be looked into-DiplomacyEvent-Decay,how long to build trust or lose it next Proposal Element section.In the mod Apolytonpack looking at the same file seems to have intresting settings.At least its a guide.Going to make a new file and test it out.
                            Yeah there is a lot of big regard boosting proposals early in the game (offer to withdraw, gold gift, offer map etc) the human can exploit to avoid war, they need to be lowered like Apolyton Pack. The rest is making sure trust doesn't build up too quickly, especially the "nowartrustbonus", that should be 1. Those would be a good start.
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Good Job Maq
                              "

Comment

• Such a good job I messed up our PBEM game (and maybe more yet...)

Comment

Working...
                                X