This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It compiles!

I put a revision 500 E patch in my sig (and pdated the English ldl_str.txt almost forgot that one)

Also my Hidden Nationality works. I only put it for an attacker and if they attack but will add it elsewhere. So now you can have units like Civ3 that attack but don't put you in a war. BUT the units don't look like barbarians yet, its just a flag now.

AoM still had the string problem with this playtest so I'l look into move the files around.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Thank you E for keeping CtP2 alive. Used the patch with the playteast . 193 turns no crashes to report. Only twice did I see any units vanish but only for a milsecound .
      I know that I posted about diplomacy before but its one of the playtest highlights. AI to AI diplomacy works so well that at times it gives you the same feeling of being in a multiplay game.
      A update to the diplomacy screen would be a nice touch. Maybe text imposed on the photo to save space .

Comment

• With Revision 500 and input argument nonexclusive I get now this:

c3debug.cpp@320 : Assertion (hr == DD_OK) Failed in File:C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ui\aui_dir ectx\aui_directui.cpp, Line:182
        c3debug.cpp@323 : Stack Trace: ' 0x00456ff0 [char * __cdecl c3debug_StackTrace(void) + 0x20]
        0x00451a44 [void __cdecl c3debug_Assert(char *,char *,int) + 0x44]
        0x008c2d65 [public: enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::CreateDirectScreen(int) + 0x135]
        0x008c296d [public: __thiscall aui_DirectUI::aui_DirectUI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x18d]
        0x008f4459 [public: __thiscall C3UI::C3UI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x49]
        0x0045ce66 [int __cdecl ui_Initialize(void) + 0xa6]
        0x004677bc [public: long __thiscall CivApp::InitializeApp(struct HINSTANCE__ *,int) + 0xec]
        0x004614e0 [int __stdcall CivMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int) + 0x3a0]
        0x00460b03 [WinMain@16 + 0x83]
        0x00b83033 [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x1b3]
        0xbff8b560 [(kernel) + 0x0]
        '
        c3debug.cpp@320 : Assertion (AUI_SUCCESS(*retval)) Failed in File:C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ui\aui_dir ectx\aui_directui.cpp, Line:110
        c3debug.cpp@323 : Stack Trace: ' 0x00456ff0 [char * __cdecl c3debug_StackTrace(void) + 0x20]
        0x008c2994 [public: __thiscall aui_DirectUI::aui_DirectUI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x1b4]
        0x008f4459 [public: __thiscall C3UI::C3UI(enum AUI_ERRCODE *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *,long,long,long,char *,int) + 0x49]
        0x0045ce66 [int __cdecl ui_Initialize(void) + 0xa6]
        0x004677bc [public: long __thiscall CivApp::InitializeApp(struct HINSTANCE__ *,int) + 0xec]
        0x004614e0 [int __stdcall CivMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int) + 0x3a0]
        '
        c3debug.cpp@320 : Assertion (AUI_NEWOK(g_c3ui,auiErr)) Failed in File:C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ctp\civ3_m ain.cpp, Line:350
        0x0045cebf [int __cdecl ui_Initialize(void) + 0xff]
        '
        c3debug.cpp@320 : Assertion (hr == DD_OK) Failed in File:C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ui\aui_dir ectx\aui_directui.cpp, Line:182
        0x008c2d65 [public: enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::CreateDirectScreen(int) + 0x135]
        0x008c37fa [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::AltTabIn(void) + 0x2a]
        0x008a0514 [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_UI::HandleWindowsMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x204]
        0x004617df [long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x3f]
        0xbff7363b [(kernel) + 0x0]
        '
        civ3_main.cpp@1463: Exception: 'Breakpoint' thrown.
        civ3_main.cpp@1465: Exception Stack Trace:
        0xbff768a1 [(kernel) + 0x0]
        0x10213a48 [\177ole32_NULL_THUNK_DATA + 0xee632a4]
        0x00451a8b [void __cdecl c3debug_Assert(char *,char *,int) + 0x8b]
        0x008c37fa [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_DirectUI::AltTabIn(void) + 0x2a]
        0x008a0514 [public: virtual enum AUI_ERRCODE __thiscall aui_UI::HandleWindowsMessage(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x204]
        0x004617df [long __stdcall WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long) + 0x3f]
        0xbff7363b [(kernel) + 0x0]
        -Martin
        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 23, 2008, 18:22.
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• When starting a debug run, you should not use alt-tab "too soon" (during UI initialisation). This looks like the same error as in an earlier post, where you reported that a reboot made it disappear.

Comment

• I might have made a mistake. I thought that E,s patch (CtP2 500 build Nov) would zip in and over write all files. Well thats what the file manager(WinRAR) said would happen. But I checked the Activision folder and now I have two CtP2 exe,s.The new one is not in the progam folder.
            Is this patch made to use with the 10-23-05 playtest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
              When starting a debug run, you should not use alt-tab "too soon" (during UI initialisation). This looks like the same error as in an earlier post, where you reported that a reboot made it disappear.
              I doubt that this is the same error. I used the MS-Dos-Window to enter these:

Code:
              C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ctp>civctp~1 nonexclusive

C:\Activision\CTP2Source\ctp2_code\ctp>civctp~1
              With the first I get the error above and with the second I don't get the error. In fact I can leave the game with the exit button from the first screen without any problems. So far the problem is still there, no restart no recompile helps. But the odd thing is that now the other *.exes I have on my computer crash with the nonexclusive argument as well.

-Martin

Comment

• sory protra, the exe should copy over the 10-23-2005 playtest and the other files should copy right over. I just didnt set up a matching folder for the exe. Will do next time.

Comment

• No problem E. I know that there is only a small group now working on the code.
                  I just didnt know if everything was working right yet.

Comment

• Protra I just fixed the zip to have the folders so it'll be easier for a patch, it was a good suggestion thanks.

Also the exe is still the 500 but I updated the Hidden Nationality functionality to include pillaging. Eventually I'll get the chance to put it in the units and have privateers or guerrillas in CtP2.

Thanks for sticking around

Comment

• I'm using the 500 build, and I'm having crashes to desktop in every game I start. It usually happens early in the game, played about 10 turns usually. It seems to stall on barbarian's turn. The same repeats if trying the autosaves.

Crash.txt says:

Code:
                        0x004cb810  [?BeginTurn@MilitaryReadiness@@QAEXJ@Z + 0x120]
                        0x004840b4  [?GetDescription@ArmyAdvertiseOrderEvent@@EAEXPADJ@Z + 0x14]
                        0x00484083  [?GetDescription@ArmyThrowPartyOrderEvent@@EAEXPADJ@Z + 0x23]
                        0x004fe800  [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAJJJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x1550]
                        0x004fe56e  [?gameinit_Initialize@@YAJJJAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x12be]
                        0x00840411  [?g_const_token_data@@3PAUTokenData@@A + 0x2bc1]
                        0x005ba64f  [?CheckRequiredFields@RiskRecord@@QAEXPAVDBLexer@@@Z + 0x3f]
                        0x005ba5e6  [$E6 + 0x26]
                        0x005bb1fa  [??4SoundRecord@@QAEXABV0@@Z + 0x6a]
                        0x005b8ec4  [?ResolveDBReferences@PopRecord@@QAEXXZ + 0x74]
                        0x005bb058  [?Serialize@SoundRecord@@QAEXAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0xf8]
                        0x005baffb  [?Serialize@SoundRecord@@QAEXAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x9b]
                        0x0040f001  [??1Anim@@UAE@XZ + 0x21]
                        0x00407db0  [?check_leak@@YAXXZ + 0x0]
                        0x00407827  [?AddSearchPath@?$aui_Resource@Vaui_Image@@@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAD@Z + 0xa7]
                        0x008ade0c  [?g_mapTokenData@@3PAUTokenData@@A + 0x1035c]
                        0xbff7b9e4  [(kernel) + 0x0]
                      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• Did you install the 10-23-2005 patch first? i didnt have any crashes...

EDIT: I've tried it again and its causing problems, but the good news I think its MY code so I'll put an new 500 up without hidden nationality until I fix the bug.
                        Last edited by Ekmek; November 20, 2005, 22:49.

Comment

• whoops I accidentally outcommented part of the regardevent so it never declared war for ANY unit. I put it back n so make sure your exe has the 20 nov 8:20pm time stamp (not the 7:50ish one)

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann I doubt that this is the same error. I used the MS-Dos-Window [...]
                            It probably is the same error. You just managed to find another way of generating it. The error is a combination of the main program (WinMainCRTStartup parts) being busy with the UI initialisation and the Windows message event handler (WndProc parts) trying to handle an AltTab(In). Maybe Windows generates a WM_ACTIVATE message automatically when you start a program from a DOS box?

And you may be asking for trouble when starting the debug version outside the debugger. Note the 'Breakpoint'-exception being thrown: you would need a debugger to handle this properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                              It probably is the same error. You just managed to find another way of generating it. The error is a combination of the main program (WinMainCRTStartup parts) being busy with the UI initialisation and the Windows message event handler (WndProc parts) trying to handle an AltTab(In). Maybe Windows generates a WM_ACTIVATE message automatically when you start a program from a DOS box?
                              A guess but not the problem, it doesn't matter whether I pass the nonexclusive via the command line or over the IDE. Same result. If I pass the argument via the command line to some older exes I have here same result, and all final versions.

Probably the same would occur if I add the argument into the windows link file or use the run command from the start menu.

And if it would be the DOS box than you have to explain why the nonexclusive run fails, but the run without command line argument does not fail.

Originally posted by Fromafar
                              And you may be asking for trouble when starting the debug version outside the debugger.
                              Usually I don't use the debug version with the debugger, but I start it via MSVC. The debugger is only necessary if you want to inspect processes which are easier to check with the debugger than with the DPRINTF statements. And by the way the debugger is useless without the nonexclusive argument, as I can't access anything, when a breakpoint is reached. I just can Ctrl+Tab+Del the game to access the MSVC.

Originally posted by Fromafar
                              Note the 'Breakpoint'-exception being thrown: you would need a debugger to handle this properly.
                              It shouldn't shouldn't occur in the first place with or witout debugger. And in fact if I use the debugger to set hr to 0 right in front of the first assert, the final brakpoint isn't throuwn. However the graphics doesn't look healthy.

-Martin

Comment

• I think you are right on most accounts. The behaviour is probably the same, independent of the way you start it. The only reliable way to start the debug version is with the Start Debug option of the debugger in MSVC. When you generate the debug version, you will link in the debug versions of some libraries. These may cause the breakpoint interrupt ("int 3"). The release versions should not do this.

When not having the "nonexclusive" argument, AltTabIn will not be called when IsIconic is false (aui_UI::HandleWindowsMessage, handling of the WM_ACTIVATE message).

Comment

Working...
                                X