Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also got an error about this piece of code, but I think I did that accidentally. Can anybody tell me what it should be?

code:-----------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------
    BOOL CityData::BuildImprovement(sint32 type)
    {
    Assert(
    ing(type));
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll put it back in but thats weird because I never messed with that function...
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Playtest doesn't work with super Apolyton pack!

I can get the latest version of the playtest (23rd oct, found at the start of this thread) to run, but when I use modmanager to start apolyton pack I get lots of DB errors popping up when the game loads, starting with:
      ICON_GOOD_ARCTIC_MOUNTAIN_THREE not found in Icon database, and continuing with similar messages for other icons (34 in all),
      then PERSONALITY_CAESAR not found in personality db

then SLIC errors starting with: APOL_script.slc 1120 CEASE_FIRE_BROKEN not found in string database and continuing with lots of other errors from this same file.

Is it normal for this to not work with the playtest? Are there any easy ways to fix it (like adding entries to APOL_script.slc from another file, and updating the icon database)?

shame, I really wanted to try them together to see what a future apolyton patch would be like

Comment

• hmmmm? I thought the latest playtest used most of the apolyton pack. I think you might have to tweak a few files, Martin ir Maq might kno better but I think its because its lookng for APOL_ prefixed files when a lot of that data is not is in the standard. But IIRC I though we incorporated a lot of apolyton pack into the playtest already. And really we should add stuff like air units slic into the playtest until it gets coded.

Were you ever able to get some of the stuff off the directory, I know kaan has been slow to respond on the svn

Comment

• Hi E,
          no, not heard from Kaan yet.

If anyone has suggestions of what to tweak please reply!

So, out of interest, how much of the apol pack stuff is in the playtest? I'd assumed that there wouldn't be many SLIC changes, so the apol pack AI and diplomacy improvements wouldn't be in there by default.

Comment

• first game with playtest 10-23-05
            Except for the game not wanting to shutdown after a normal exit (Quit), the game worked fine up to turn 365, where I had a CTD.
            crash.txt:

0x00000990 [(unknown) + 0x0]
            0x0042b4f7 [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x27]
            0x0040c37a [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x12a]
            0x004070f1 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a1]
            0x00406ba5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x007dad2c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x773b5fef]

hope that helps

What's with all the blasted Popup's, I don't mind a little advertizing to help pay for the site, but this is getting annoying.
            What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
            Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• reload from Autosave, I have invisible units:
              Attached Files
              Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• End that turn and I get another CTD:

crash.txt

0x00000990 [(unknown) + 0x0]
                0x0042b4f7 [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x27]
                0x0040c37a [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0x12a]
                0x004070f1 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3a1]
                0x00406ba5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                0x007dad2c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x773b5fef]

exactly the same as the one above. Oh well, so much for that playtest.
                Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• yeah I think fromafar fixed those but we dont have a working copy up on the server yet so it might be a little while to get a new playtest or one of my builds

Comment

• Messing with my AoM I put the 10-23 playtest and it didnt work. But the 9-12 playtest does work. So something happened between the codes that makes AoM incompatible.

I'm going to do a clean install of AoM and see if it works....
                    Last edited by Ekmek; November 12, 2005, 16:28.

Comment

• So far only played 200 turns of the new playtest. From whats being reported E, is this playtest alright or should we wait. Also I found that sometimes I could not move a unit over a tile and then sometimes I could. But it looks like I might have had a invisible unit near my unit .
                      I know this can happen with a slaver but in that case the slaver would become visible which it has been doing in this playtest.

Comment

• Fromafar posted fixes to the invisible problem but I think he has some other fixes left to post before we get a compilable ctp2 again, and the server is down so its holding things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
                          So far only played 200 turns of the new playtest. From whats being reported E, is this playtest alright or should we wait. Also I found that sometimes I could not move a unit over a tile and then sometimes I could. But it looks like I might have had a invisible unit near my unit .
                          I know this can happen with a slaver but in that case the slaver would become visible which it has been doing in this playtest.
                          Had that happen a few version ago with version 5-17-05 in an ocean area, I took subs through the area to prove there was nothing in those sea squares, but certain ships could not so through that area. Also had that happen to me in version 5-23-05, even posted a picture of some bombers I flew into those squares to show that there was nothing in those squares so I should have been able to move land units through it. Still seems to a glitch somewhere in the code.
                          Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Some of the memory leaks (that have been repaired) were actually masking a design flaw in the game. This flaw causes "Process@Director" crashes and missing sprites, and will be fixed in the next release (revision 494 has the necessary changes).

@rsewar: Martin has merged the graphical additions of the Apolyton pack into the playtest release, some other workarounds (the Activision release had a problem with 0-indices) are unnecessary/harmful after having been corrected in the code, and even the CAESAR/CEASAR typo has been corrected. Basically, using the Apolyton pack with the playtest release is not a good idea.

Comment

• FROMAFAR, I got these 4 errors....

ns_chatbox.cpp
                              fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler intermediate file: Permission denied
                              agesscreen.cpp
                              fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler intermediate file
                              \events\GameEventDescription.cpp(9) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive
                              sliciffile.cpp
                              fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler intermediate file
                              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 23, 2008, 18:22.

Comment

• The C1010 error when compiling GameEventDescription.cpp should not occur anymore with the dsp-file of revision 500. I don't know about the C1083 ones, though. "Permission denied" could be anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X