This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks E, i wanted to test these too.

BTW thinking of other in-game info that would help make the game easier to approach for a newbie (or re-newbie) might be info on feats.

A tab along the score/wonders/ranking which could show info of feats already achieved and by which civ, like the wonders. Also details of how to achieve each feat should be in the GL, whether it should give all details like how MANY theatres im not so sure though, because it takes away the surprise.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Been using E's compile exe for a little while and noticed this trying to steal an AI coastal city by unloading a warrior to see if its empty (its not). Not sure if this happened with the previous playtest or not.
      Attached Files
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• woa that is interesting. BTW let me know if I forgot any files to add in the "patch" (its been working so I guess not)

hey Maq, maybe you can post some of the new screenshot features in the screenshot thread? its been dead awhile.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• No screenshots yet, i havent got any numbers there yet. There seems to be some strings missing. When you hover over the franchise and conversion buttons in the national manager the summary is missing in the status bar.

Also in the resources tab of the national manager it says "population", of course this doesnt fit in the tiny tab (overlaps it), it should be "pop" i think.

Comment

• Got about 150 turns over, ill continue tomorrow.

BTW I think the sooner we can move to an all-in-one city screen the better. That, combined with one left-click on the city to bring it up, will take out SO many mouse clicks.

If thats still the plan, might want to avoid anymore improvements to the city and build manager that may go to waste in a switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
              No screenshots yet, i havent got any numbers there yet. There seems to be some strings missing. When you hover over the franchise and conversion buttons in the national manager the summary is missing in the status bar.
              That's because he did not include the text files I modified. Instead of this he included all *.ldl files even those I did not modify.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Also in the resources tab of the national manager it says "population", of course this doesnt fit in the tiny tab (overlaps it), it should be "pop" i think.
              Well, now I know why this tab was so huge, the numbers didn't justify its space. But if you abbreviate Bevölkerung with Bev. then you see something like this.

I fixed this problem, by abbreviating all the Pobulations in the deverse other language versions.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Been using E's compile exe for a little while and noticed this trying to steal an AI coastal city by unloading a warrior to see if its empty (its not). Not sure if this happened with the previous playtest or not.
              I doubt, whether it says, that the city is empty or not, it's just a sign that this is not one of the regular orders like attack or move.

Probably I should remove this window for orders like: Unload and Go to Board. Are there any other orders I should put on the list, or all that doesn't const any gold?

And here is a screenshot of the little modification of the nation tab. It now displays the number of cities you have and the number of cities your government can support. Here we can see that this AI has 11 of 10 supported cities in Tyranny. So I don't have to have all these values in my head when I want to know if the city was activly settling.

-Martin
              Attached Files
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                I doubt, whether it says, that the city is empty or not, it's just a sign that this is not one of the regular orders like attack or move.
                A little confusion with what i meant. I dont know why the box is there, i was just saying, i search the coast for empty cities of all my enemies by trying to unload in every city this is a cheap way to try and grab a city, you either stay on board or get a new city.

Perhaps a cross should appear whether the city is empty or not and you shouldnt be allowed to capture a city from unloading without beach assault units.

Probably I should remove this window for orders like: Unload and Go to Board. Are there any other orders I should put on the list, or all that doesn't const any gold?
                I havent encountered it anywhere else, but ones that dont cost gold would seem to make sense.

At least it was a demonstration of the new feature

Comment

• Finally got the archive access working again, and merged in a couple of weeks' of source changes. Wow, that's an impressive amount of work, Martin.

I have encountered a few minor issues so far. There are a couple of Asserts fired in TileImpTracker.cpp (apparently cut-and-paste errors), and the behaviour of the automatic computations is somewhat strange.

After clicking the "optimize sliders" button, the city use is at 55. Moving the gold slider one notch to the left only changes the gold column. Moving it back to the original position sets the city use to 54. Going one more notch to the right, and then back to the original position sets it to 56.

Comment

• Fromafar, glad to see your back. Look forward to your good work again.

BTW I think the sooner we can move to an all-in-one city screen the better. That, combined with one left-click on the city to bring it up, will take out SO many mouse clicks.

If thats still the plan, might want to avoid anymore improvements to the city and build manager that may go to waste in a switch.
                    yeah, I remeber we had a mock up drafted up before. I think that might still take awhile, but I agree a single screen is better.

Comment

• reloaded from autosave, end turn, Ai got stuck on Orange. Open cheat editor to remove fog of war and see one orange unit move then two errors that keep coming up:
                      Attached Files
                      What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                      Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
                        reloaded from autosave, end turn, Ai got stuck on Orange. Open cheat editor to remove fog of war and see one orange unit move then two errors that keep coming up:
                        If you load a game that was started with a different string database you have of course reload slic, to do this open the chat window by using the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

For the other things I also fixed the two Asserts in the tileiptracker and made it so that the special attack window only pops up if the current order costs something.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Is it possible to make the turns to new growth figure update properly on a new turn?

Ive noticed sometimes the figure will change by 1 or 2 when i single click on a city, can be annoying if youre quickly looking for your slowest growing cities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                            If you load a game that was started with a different string database you have of course reload slic, to do this open the chat window by using the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic
                            -Martin
                            I'll keep that in mind for next time, just trashed that game.

Started a new one, so far so good. Not sure if this is a glitch or what, but it never happened to me before. I had just updated all my cities and armies to use cannon, was in Fascism, but I had just discovered Communism which I usually change to for the extra production to build factories and other misc. stuff. Well anyway, moved 5 full armies into my eastern most enemies territory, they were all in position and all five would attack next turn. In the mean time since everything was built, I decided to switch governments, suddenly boom, boom, boom, lost 15 cannon for unknown reasons, tore up my attacking armies and left a few cities lightly defended, so no attack this turn, withdraw back to my territory until more cannon were built. I had over 100,000 gold, so I could support that army, so what the heck happened. I can see that happening if I had fascist units since they can not exist in a non-fascist government, but these were ordinary cannon units.

Again, went to save this game before bed, no problem, checked Task manager ctp.exe using ~1.4 megs of memory, 1% CPU. Exit program, program still running, TM reports 99% CPU usage, 419 megs of memory. I think you got a problem there.

Comparing this version to the first playtest, the slider bar on the National Manager used to stay put when you closed it, so that when you reopened it, it was still in the place you left it. Now it always defaults to the top when you open it. A reason this was changed?

Could there be a slider bar added for gifting cities in the diplomacy display when they don't all fit on the display? There are probably other ones that come to mind like gifting technology, requesting tech/cities that could be changed as well.
                            Could we have a way to disable automatic cannon fire if it fired last turn so it doesn't fire unless I tell it too (or lawyer trying to sue the unit that is no longer there), like maybe a check box somewhere - I dislike the current way immensely. Same thing with the targeting a city/unit with a bomber, move bomber and then hit bombard, or just target city/unit and hit bombard and it automatically flys there and bombards (less mouse clicks), please give us the option as to which way we want it, I realize some people may like it this way, but I find it very annoying the way that it is now.

Since the spell check button on the bottom of this page no longer works, I recommend the Google Toolbar that will spell check anything typed on your computer.
                            What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea.
                            Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugi the Great
                              I had over 100,000 gold, so I could support that army, so what the heck happened. I can see that happening if I had fascist units since they can not exist in a non-fascist government, but these were ordinary cannon units.
                              Armies are supported by production, not gold - if in Anarchy you were short of production you could lose units in that way.

Comment

• yeah it might have been a pproduction issue since he went from a high production govt to a low one.

As for the gold...that reminds of yet another source code attempt have to do...

Comment

Working...
                                X